2011 Everest p-tec cluster crushed?

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last ride of the year ended nicely with my sled landing in it's lid and smashing the cluster to sh!t. My question is about the milage, can i pick up used cluster and it show the same milage when pluged in? or can i get a used one have it reprogramed?? Is the milage info stored in the computer?

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Milage is on the computer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

milage will only be on the computer with the old cluster plugged in, once the new cluster is matched to the ecm and written buds will only read the new cluster

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
milage will only be on the computer with the old cluster plugged in, once the new cluster is matched to the ecm and written buds will only read the new cluster
Not sure if I understand. If I put in a used cluster I have to get it matched to the ECM? I called the local dealer and they said I could put in and fine?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I understand. If I put in a used cluster I have to get it matched to the ECM? I called the local dealer and they said I could put in and fine?
I think he is saying it will work but the millage wont be right. If you get a used one and that sled has 3000km on and your sled has say1000km that used one will show that your sled has 3000km. but a new one will start counting at zero.

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he is saying it will work but the millage wont be right. If you get a used one and that sled has 3000km on and your sled has say1000km that used one will show that your sled has 3000km. but a new one will start counting at zero.
Ya ok. I'm a little choked because my dealer said the milage is stored on the ECM not cluster. They said I could a used cluster and it would read whatever my ECM had stored. I just picked up a used cluster off eBay so I will not be a happy camper if I put in and it reads 4000km.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let us know what happens I've replaced clusters on older doos with no issues so I'm curious now. The ecm does everything and stores everything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Visi

Reaction score
I've had to replace my cluster. Mileage is on the cluster. I guarantee it.

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here it is. Threw the used cluster in and both milage and hours are zero. So now I'm confused. Everything seems to be working fine on the cluster. Heading on holidays when I get back I'm going lift the back end and spin the track. When I bought it off eBay there was no mention of milage or hrs on it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here it is. Threw the used cluster in and both milage and hours are zero. So now I'm confused. Everything seems to be working fine on the cluster. Heading on holidays when I get back I'm going lift the back end and spin the track. When I bought it off eBay there was no mention of milage or hrs on it.

friend of mine replaced a cluster this season. his also started at 0 but i cant remember if it was new or not. i imagine it wouldnt matter probly resets no matter what cluster you install

Top Bottom