2011 Cat M8 162"

pissednbroke

Reaction score
Just wanting to know if anyone else has had an issue yet with the engine overheating ? I went riding today with mine in 8" off fresh powder on top of a 2' base and made it 4/k and as soon as the temp light flashed the engine shut down and there is no restarting it. any info would be nice thanks

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to know if anyone else has had an issue yet with the engine overheating ? I went riding today with mine in 8" off fresh powder on top of a 2' base and made it 4/k and as soon as the temp light flashed the engine shut down and there is no restarting it. any info would be nice thanks

No problems with my 2010 M8 so far. Sounds like you have an airlock. Whoever setup your sled didn't bleed the air out of the cooling system. Try lifting up the front end as high as you can to work out any air pockets. As far as the engine not restarting, I'm not too sure. I wonder if Cat incorporated some sort of limp mode that can only be reset by the dealer? Sounds like thats whats going on.

gartho

Reaction score
Just bought 2011 m8sp 162 changed track to a 174 with tunnel wxtension,installed a cooler from a 1000 crossfire,it has 3 times the cooling surface,firt trip this thurs im hoppen it does the job my 09 m8sp 162 had some cooling issues on trail,nothing out of the ord. sounds like maybe some extra heat maybe from mechanical failure???::(

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
had my 07' 153 over heat today....engine still ran strong though, limped her home nice and slow....looks to be an air lock....will ad more and let you know if it presists

pissednbroke

Reaction score
Well I took my plugs out and I think i will be getting a new engine. the thing that hurts and that I will have to hear about all year now from my buddy is that he towed me out with his xp. the humiliation!!!!!!

ned

Reaction score
Sounds like the water pump shaft seized up and didnt circulate the coolant. Make sure they dont just put on a new top end and then try to run it. pull the belly pan and air box pop off the oil pump and see if the shaft rotates with the motor

WATDAFOOK

Reaction score
Well I took my plugs out and I think i will be getting a new engine. the thing that hurts and that I will have to hear about all year now from my buddy is that he towed me out with his xp. the humiliation!!!!!!

Last time i checked warranty doesn't cover your engine if you overheated it..
Hopefully there was a different issue...

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya dont really sound right, never had an issue like that with my 2010

Top Bottom