2011-2012 torpy/mcgregor riding season

mountainmonster

Reaction score
We were in the torpy area hunting yesterday and the hills are looking pretty good, even the roads are snow covered. They are logging around 15km, and doing road maintenance as far as the trappers cabin. Hopefully they keep the road plowed for part of the winter.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that would be sweet for sure. did you go up to the snowmobile cabin?

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also heard the road was washed out at 15km on the Pass rd? Can anyone confirm this. Would like to take a drive out that way and check out conditions but not if the rd is washed out. I heard the wash out was not even passable on quads?????

mountainmonster

Reaction score
There is a washout but it's not at 15km, i turned around at the 23km bridge on the pass lk rd. Some friends hunting cut a trail around it for quads and they did winch a 4runner through as well. It must be one of the culverts closer to 28km that washed out.

mountainmonster

Reaction score
Let us know how things look, a few of us are going to try it out on the 11th or 12th.

driller

Reaction score
Road is washed out at 26 klm they are going to put a bridge in and is to be in by the end of january
sounds lke we will have very little road riding this year 13 klm to the good stuff

Reaction score
Thinking of a trip with quads on sunday, Maybe cut some fire wood for the cabin. I guess if the road isn't fixed yet there will be no early season riding.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road is washed out at 26 klm they are going to put a bridge in and is to be in by the end of january
sounds lke we will have very little road riding this year 13 klm to the good stuff

Awe you mean no more moguls for 40km. I'm sure NOT going to miss that. Thanks for the info.

On another note......... I see in all the other riding areas everyone updates quite regularly. There are alot of people on here from Prince George, lets try and keep the updates going. I know we all get busy .

Prince George and area have some of the greatest riding areas and I know we would like to keep it to ourselves but without some more support I am worried about losing more great riding areas. And it all has to start somewhere!!!!!

Sorry about the rant.

YamaDoo PolCat

Reaction score
Please join Canadian Avalanche Centre forecaster, James Floyer, for an informative session on Backcountry Avalanche Awareness. This workshop is suitable for any backcountry recreationist (skier, boarder, sledder) who wants to hone their knowledge and avalanche preparedness. Topics will include: Travels tips and techniques, avalanche characteristics, triggering avalanches, rescue techniques and more.

The snow is falling and this is a great pre-season primer to get you ready for a fun and safe winter in the backcountry.

Date: November 13
Where: Prince George Snowmobile Clubhouse, 12000 Scott Road
Time: 6:30 – 9:30

This is a FREE event! There is no need to pre-register and there will be door prizes!

Please help advertise and forward this email to your friends.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a friend ride torpy today and yesterday.Says there is lots of snow.Road was plowed to 10kms ,then he 4x4 to 16kms.Says no problem rideing up the burn.Lots of stuck to be had.

Awesome! Thanks for the report :) I hate to be greedy, but any chance there's pics???

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey anybody on here with info on the torpy. just got an SAR call for there. need some help with info.
Barry

svdstar

Reaction score
I just found out tonight that 1 died in a avalanche in the first bowl today. A PG resident. I won't mention a name until it's been confirmed. This really sucks.

Play safe everyone.

Top Bottom