2010 y pipe change

sledlicious

Reaction score
I've got an 09 bikeman y pipe that I,m having to custom fit on my 2010 xp. This is because BRP, in thier infinite wisdom, changed the size of the flange bolts. Has anyone else run into any problems changing over thier 08 and 09 performance parts?:nono:

AP48379

Reaction score
Ya i bought CrankShop Y pipe and pipe for the 2010 XP and i had to drill out the holes, bigger bolts on the 2010 but they line up perfectly.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its been discussed before about y-pipe bolts being changed on the 2010 XP's....I don't think it has to do with much of an infinite wisdom issue if the buyer can't be aware of the parts they are purchasing and the changes made for the new model. :cool:

sledlicious

Reaction score
Not really concerned with the y pipe anymore as I've modifided to fit. More interested to here from others as to what other changes have caused issues(eg. heads, clutching). Haven't seem many performance dealers offering new parts. Most are selling 08 and 09 parts for the 2010. I've kept alot of parts off my 08 and would like to reuse them.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is only from what I have read elsewhere....The secondary requires a new tool to remove it. The y-pipe bolts have changed sizes, the torque specs have changed on a few items.

It would be best for you to get a shop manual and then you can see what exactly has changed so you don't run into any issues.

Top Bottom