2010 Whitecourt Poker Rally

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trailblazers Rally 2010 will be held Family Day long weekend Feb 13,14
Draw for 2009 50th Anniversary Edition 800 154 Summit that we won from BRP last year on on the Sunday. Tickets $5.00 available at Whitecourt IGA and RPM powersports
$10.00 per hand, every hand you buy puts your name in the draw for the sled.
More details to follow as to times etc.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Experience
I attended this last year, which was there 30th anniversary, and they had a guy break the world record for longest back flip. Im sure thats not incorporated into the works this year due to that being a special year for them. The trails are so well groomed its unbelievable, when your used to riding the dunes, or kakwa after it has those nasty woops. All level of riders can enjoy this poker rally, and the great hospitality offered by Whitecourt Trailerblazers.

My Description of Trails.
The trails are well groomed for all skill levels of riding, theres powder on the sides to venture off and little jumps to be discovered. There is 4 checkpoints, first one is where u register/take off, second has an area with sleds parked donuts/hot chocolate/water/coffee, 3rd has weinor roast/drinks, 4th had an enclosed trailer with a heater. You can choose to do a 60km trail or 100km trail, and you can explore all over allowing sleds into whitecourt(use common sense). Hotels closer to the river let you ride from there, like the Ritz Cafe, Nova Inn, and I think one other(according to last year).

Wildreaper

Reaction score
Attended this event last year for the first time, it was a great two days, being that it falls on Valentines and a long weekend it is a place to take your wives and get a few brownie points so the next weekend she allows you to goto the mountains without her, LOL. Their is also a great recreation facility if the wife and kids don't ride, they can go to the pool, and meet up with the men later for the other festivities, Well run and a Great event.:beer::beer:

Crash

Reaction score
We have ridden the last 5 years or so and it is really well organised. The guys ride on Saturday ( 100km) and take the family on Sunday (60km). We take all our kids (ages 2 years to 6 years) on Sunday and they have a lot of fun. I would definetely recommend.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is the very best imo ..been there a couple times and cant wait to go again!

m8cat

Reaction score
Went last year and was totally impressed with the trail system , organization and helpfulness of all the people that made it happen. I am a little discouraged that it makes all other rallys pale in comparision but at least they have a benchmark set for them. Will be back again this year and bringing a pack with us so they to can experience what Whitecourt has to offer.
Great time !!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trailblazers executive decided this evening that due to lack of snow and the fact that we cannot safely cross the Athabasca river, we have to cancel the rally this year. The draw for the sled will still be held at the Whitecourt Seniors Center at 5:00 PM Sunday Feb 14. Sorry to all those that had planned to come but we are not willing to put on a rally when conditions make it unsafe.

Top Bottom