2010 summit xp issues

SKI-D00

Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more about quality control issues and my dealers inability to fix the problem! Today I started my sled in the shop just to let it idle for a while cause I don’t want it to sit for too long, and I heard this awful scratching sound… So I opened up my clutch side panel and realized my Primary was beginning to drill right through the panel!! I honestly think I might go park both these sleds in the way of their front doors so no can get in and even consider buying a sled from Camrose Motorsports. :rant:

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shop in my town did the loctite thing on the driven adjuster at my first service; it is a bulletin thing for free & they also pick up 1/2 of the labor on the service. Some good adjustments & stuff after break-in. My friend's started to back out and lose some performance after about 400kms.

They told me about a possible altitude thing that can happen with the mixture control. Tap the silver solenoid on the dpm rail above the front of the carbs(some might stick from new) & check for disconnected or kinked pressure tubes at same time. Need to slide the airbox out to see it.

Mine has run spot-on since new.
Got to try the e-Tec 800 MXZ: super crisp & clean, and fastest thing stock & near-stock that I've ever rode. Too bad the snow sucked here this year.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
These XP's are very sensitive to belt deflection adjustment. Seen exact thing many times, check them daily, many great riders out there don't check and don't know how to adjust it. If a change in performance like this hits quickly, stop and check the adjuster as it's on its way out. Also sounds like DPM stuck (from performance view), but probably the adjuster issue again. Get the belt up high in secondary until track wants to nearly creep forward at idle on a stand. Just from belt wear alone this can slowly rob you of performance.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For info the aluminum QRS adjuster kit I got (BRP kit 415 129 409) calls for the following on assembly:

- Loctite Primer p/n 293 800 041 on adjuster hub threads
- Loctite Blue p/n 293 800 060 on adjuster hub threads
- torque to 74 lbft using torque wrench adapter 529 036 147

I never bothered putting it on after hearing it backs off easily; the original plastic one still works OK and stays tight on there.

Top Bottom