2010 summit xp issues

scronky donk

Reaction score
second ride out on my new 2010, first ride, ran fantastic, was very impressed with the changes and just feels more torquey then my 08 however shouldnt be same engine... anyhow second ride out and belt starts to slowly sink down on the secondary..... like i had to click up to 6 just to pull 7600..... not deep snow either... anyhow thing runs like crap to boot.... coughs and burps and hardly idles.... pretty much stalling at every stop. changed plugs and no dice. took it back to doo and they said there was a thread that needed locktite in the clutch and supposidly that is now fixed but they hooked up their computer to it and it had no codes that it pulled as to why it was running poopy. it was only doing it at altitude and down low it cama alive again. not impressed wen u have a brand new sled and they dont find a code so they give it back to you because they are too laxy to dig into it..... you know how they fixed issues before they had computers that read codes......... THEY DUG INTO THE SLED..... cmon guys, use ur brains a lil.. anyhow anyone have same issue or hear of that at all?

SKI-D00

Reaction score
Same old story I keep getting from my dealer...

after my third ride I took both of them back and they assured me they were
fine and it's just typical break-in problems... I called b.s. but they were
persistent. So I got home and first ride out, my clutch literally flew apart,
and shrapnel took out my crank seals and it piled right up..

not sure if that's going to happen to you, but sounds like it might be the
start of something like what I experienced... oh, and then they will come up
with some kind b.s. story that it's your fault and that they set everything up
right therefore no warranty...

well, maybe it's just me with shitty luck, who knows.

SKI-D00

Reaction score
oh, you're from Camrose, you dealt with Camrose Motorsports didn't you?
yeah, so did we, they said we're the only one with problems and said
it must be rider abuse or something to that effect... however,
after a while they admitted they didn't do the PDI and that's why
my sled wouldn't run worth a crap, after blaming me for 2 weeks first...

oopow

Reaction score
Sounds like my 09 ran bad as elevation increased in the end it was a faulty DPM unit that would send wrong info. Might be worth asking your dealer about

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your secondary adjuster is backing out. read your owners manual.

adjust the plastic deflector and retighten. rpm problem solved. adjust so the cords are just showing.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill second both the DPM and secondary adjuster. Ussually the sled will run like its only firing on one cylinder as you go up in elevation. The secondary backing its self off may make it loose RPMs, also this may make the belt slip after engagement.

-Foxstar

scronky donk

Reaction score
atleast they admitted not doing a pdi..... wen i was loading my sled on my ramp at the end of the day the tip of the skag caught the ramp and almost threw me off the sled..... so i took a look to see that the skag bolts were finger tight..... so like u did as well i called b.s. that the sled was even pdi..... sooo pissed off and yes im from camrose and got the sled from camrose motorsports. pretty sad wen u drom 12000 on a sled and not only can they not admit wen they fail to pdi a sled but they dont even know how to fix them. im headed to blue river this weekend to make sure that my elevation problems are solved. gonna be one pissed off doo rider if it still happens. st. pattys day dance in blue river this weekend.... yeehaw. lol.... where are u from?

scronky donk

Reaction score
and i did adjust the secondary collar to be where it should be, as i kept riding it would keep loosening...... doo said theres some kinda recall, i dunno.... i love my doos but starting to get a little pissed off with quality control and dependability.... i would hate to have to switch over to polaris but sad to admit none of my dragon buddies have near as many issues..... theres somthing to be said about pull and go!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have 1000miles on my 2010 in only a month and it hasnt missed a beat. no issues. cant say te same for my polaris friends

hit or miss i guess. to bad about the dealer

dho2010summitx

Reaction score
Had the same problem and it was the deflection adjuster backing out on its own. righty tighty lefty loosey lol. It fixed my rpms no probs after. Headin to Revy on Thursday. :d

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had 2 out of about 70 summits do that this year, stay on top of your secondary adjuster, and check the belt deflection before and during every ride. My sled went 700 miles on the original belt and no backing off, my boss's adjuster backed off at 200 miles but he noticed it(drop in performance) and adjusted it while we were riding, and has had no issues since.
When in doubt, pull-er apart and check the easy stuff on the mountian, it takes 2 min to check and adjust your belt.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my deflector lasted 500 miles so did my friends then slowly started to back off. 5 mins and it was good to go again.

first belt lasted 700 miles. i was doing 80mph on the trail when it blew. my fault probly would have lasted alot longer

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp did issue a bullietn a while back on this.. They want us to use green loctite on the threads on the secondary adjuster. So it will not back off. Not sure what the bulliten # is but i know there is a bulliten on it.

Seen it come on my desk a while back and didnt do much with it just cuz we had one that it happened to.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp did issue a bullietn a while back on this.. They want us to use green loctite on the threads on the secondary adjuster. So it will not back off. Not sure what the bulliten # is but i know there is a bulliten on it.

Seen it come on my desk a while back and didnt do much with it just cuz we had one that it happened to.

drew no updates for this part yet? ie. new adjuster

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wasn't there a new composite one that replaced the metal one that replaced the plastic one? I'm only on adjuster version 2.0....loctite went on that one and it hasn't moved yet.

scronky donk

Reaction score
ya, the clutch wasnt really my biggest worry or issue,,,, im more concerned why its not wanting to run properly at altitude...... at an idle its burps and hardly ideles..... almost stalling. changed plugs but nothing. pulls no codes either. so this trip up im packing a new DPM and hopefully change out and see if that solves anything

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

take the DPM that may not be working properly, remove it, clean it. Spray with WD-40 to lube it up good. Let sit for a little while. Then put it back in. Bring a new one if you want but make sure its fully returnable first.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could it be a moisture issue? I have not had a problem on my 09 but my cat had a altimeter hose that would get water or ice in it and it would not run properly until you were at the elevation that it plugged off at. Just thought about it when i saw this thread. Good Luck!

Top Bottom