2010 Sled Recall

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, saw this on my FB page today....my hubbies 2010 M8 SnoPro is one of them. Phoned the dealer, and they haven't heard nothin' yet. Oh yeah, I forgot. We live in Canada, we pay an arm and a leg when we buy them, but we sure as heck don't get the customer service!!

Had to laugh when they say in the recall to "stop driving the sled immediately and bring it to your dealer."

With this much snow out there, WTF are they thinking??:confused::confused::confused:

tcheck

Reaction score
I was at my dealer yesterday, they showed me the bullitin from arctic cat, all they are goona do is put a u bolt clamp for extra support for the lower a arms no a arm replacement. :nono:

Kruchy

Reaction score
You already know the fix and my dealer didn't know about yesterday. Thats funny. Can you guys tell me where or have a pic where these things are cracking? Thanks

Stantheman

Reaction score
U-bolt clamp? I dont like that idea at all. I figured they were gonna give us new lower A-arms.

Talked to my dealer as well and they have no clue or information about it yet either. 13 broken in 16,500. Does this reaction seem extreme to anyone else?

Stantheman

Reaction score
Talked to a dealer in Edmonton today who said they dont expect to recieve the parts to carry out the recall until late February. At this time they will start contacting their customers to begin bringing in there machines for the update.

I dont know about anyone else but I plan on riding without the fix. Cant afford to give up a month+ of winter.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U-bolt clamp? I dont like that idea at all. I figured they were gonna give us new lower A-arms.

Talked to my dealer as well and they have no clue or information about it yet either. 13 broken in 16,500. Does this reaction seem extreme to anyone else?

i agree, unfortunately i saw it first on a news bulletin... looking at the issue, i think it may be a bit extreme, imo... we have never had an a-arm break and we sell 150 -200 sleds a year. can some be flawed, sure, but lets not go overboard, i understand this is a voluntary recall - they have had a few limited.... issues and in my opinion, are stepping up to ensure that if any customers have a concern it can be easily rectified.

If this were higher rate of failure i think the fix would be different. Parts may be replaced, however this is not the case. I think if a person is a realist then
they can rationalize that it is not neccessary to change every a-arm in 2010 models, no more than tire warranty if a guy has road hazzard... they dont change all your tires and they also pro rate the warranty based on the wear on the tire...

but we all live with it... my suggestion is this, check your sled over and see if you have any signs of fatique or wear. if you have any concerns. contact your dealer. just know that us dealers are also only human :d:d:d ,, and although we appreciate your business and want to give you the best service we can. it is sometimes us that is inbetween a rock and hardplace...

thats my two cents...

Terry Coulombe
Owner

woodym7

Reaction score
i have to agree Terry its that scary recall word that gets us all going........i almost wonder why we would they even put a recall out if so few sleds are exhibiting the problem.....I know in the auto industry it has to be a certain percentage before they will go there but this is only......0.079% and in hindsight doesnt even warrant me worrying about it.......and by the way these sleds work great

Last edited:

mas cerveza

Reaction score
Found faulty weld on my 2010 M8 snopro 153 Canadian model left lower a-arm, failure is quite easy to spot with all the rust around it. have pictures and will try to post.

Attachments

• 2010 M8 snopro 153 002.jpg
    2010 M8 snopro 153 002.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 236

killerrf

Reaction score
all the sleds should have two of them dog bones installed from factory that would help spread load across both a-arms when you hit something. i guess if its crap welds not too much is going to fix that other than a reweld.

GPsnownut

Reaction score
Found faulty weld on my 2010 M8 snopro 153 Canadian model left lower a-arm, failure is quite easy to spot with all the rust around it. have pictures and will try to post.
That's paint flaked off & rust from where your A-arm pivots on bushing, not faulty weld

mas cerveza

Reaction score
That's paint flaked off & rust from where your A-arm pivots on bushing, not faulty weld

Thats the best angle I could get with my camera the weld around the bottom edge has 1/16 gap between it and the tube the weld may never have been done correctly from the factory.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my new brackets installed today, looks like it beefs things up good

Top Bottom