2010 rmk 800 voltage regulator issue!!

rooster 54

Reaction score
So is that past the POLARIS warranty or the total warranty term?

Ihave a 2010 RMK 800.

I just has changed the regulator this week after 1200 miles.
There is a goodwill on this and 50$ deductable.
First issue since new.

The sled is going strong after a little clutch setup.

rooster 54

Reaction score
Spring, green pink from SLP
Weights 10-68 Polaris
A Delrin Washer from SLP for the driven
and an 098 stap.You have to widen the driven a little bit to fit this strap.

The clutch will engage a little higher with set-up.

engdr11

Reaction score
I own a 2009 switchback 600 and a 2010 600LX. The 600LX had the digital read out go out. I reset it by turning the key off and restarting. The problem started to be more frequent, so I called the dealer. He stated that I probably had a bad voltage regulator and the next time the display went out to turn off the hand and tumb warmers and the display would come on. This was the case, but they failed or did not know that if this was not fixed soon it would cause a loss of all electrical including the stoppage of the engine. I was on the way to the dealer after he assured me the engine would not be effected when it left me standed 15 mile from the shop. The engine completely quit and black smoke rolled from the left side. It appears that the dealers do not know the end result of running the sled once the display goes out. I highly recommend you head home and/or to the dealer and get the issue fixed. Oh, almost forgot the parts are on back order from Polaris. I was this dealers (6) know failure on sleds sold by them. Some of the others were the 2010 Switchback 800

sakoboomer

Reaction score
Put a new voltage regulator in my 09 800 dragon. Did not really help, however Polaris has a program for replacement and it will only cost you $50.

98670X

Reaction score
same chit happend to me to day ran flawless in 2.5feet of pow, then just as we met back at the cabin it started dying on me, musta statrted the thing 30 plus times to get er back to the truck, i still love the sled though, im going to polaris in the a.m

Hammer800

Reaction score
Just got back from Valemount on Sunday March 13. Rode Allen Thursday March 10-no problems. Rode Chappel Friday March 11-DEEP:d -no problems until almost back to the truck and my display went out and check engine light came on. Made it back to the truck thankfully. I had picked up a updated regulator from Boundary right before I left Lloyd on Tuesday. I am sure glad I did now otherwise I would have had to sit in the hotel while all my buddies rode saturday. 420 miles on my 2010. I will be taking the old one back for warranty. I figured if it died way back in Chappel $170.00 is cheaper than $1300.00 chopper ride!!!:eek:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Valemount on Sunday March 13. Rode Allen Thursday March 10-no problems. Rode Chappel Friday March 11-DEEP:d -no problems until almost back to the truck and my display went out and check engine light came on. Made it back to the truck thankfully. I had picked up a updated regulator from Boundary right before I left Lloyd on Tuesday. I am sure glad I did now otherwise I would have had to sit in the hotel while all my buddies rode saturday. 420 miles on my 2010. I will be taking the old one back for warranty. I figured if it died way back in Chappel $170.00 is cheaper than $1300.00 chopper ride!!!:eek:

good thinking on the extra regulator.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Second VR on my 2010 800 Dragon. 1Year 1day since last year my other one went about 900miles on from first replacement. Drove it out again, just kept putting snow on it to cool down and worked good until the snow all melted. Had one 0f my 05 900, just just one plug was different. So with a little Southern Engineering and put back on ran flawless for three extra days of riding. Got back home, went into local dealer and got fixed up for $50.00. Thanks Only Polaris. :)

jpayne

Reaction score
i have a 2010 assault and the same thiong happened......no or faint flashing gauges...then a high idle right before shut down.....and after completely cool the sled would be fine but the battery gauge in the didital cluster would flash low......i know there is a bulletin but its only supposed to be 1 yr after manufacturer warranty.....when i bought my sled in oct. 10 she came with 2 yr bumper to bumper warranty and a rider assurance package from polaris......will the fix be covered?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2010 assault and the same thiong happened......no or faint flashing gauges...then a high idle right before shut down.....and after completely cool the sled would be fine but the battery gauge in the didital cluster would flash low......i know there is a bulletin but its only supposed to be 1 yr after manufacturer warranty.....when i bought my sled in oct. 10 she came with 2 yr bumper to bumper warranty and a rider assurance package from polaris......will the fix be covered?

Ya the fix would be covered under the factory warranty seeing as it should be good until oct 2012.

C S Fever

Reaction score
My daughters 600 rmk (2010) blew the VR last week 20 miles out we shut it down as soon as the gauge quit. Towed it back a buddy was coming up and brought a new one for us. Put on 260 miles on after that no trouble since. Guess we caught it before we pooched the ECU. Thanks to all who have posted here and elsewhere to let peeps know about these issues and how to recognize them so it doesn't end up being big bucks!:beer:

754bigbore

Reaction score
Was out for a ride monday and the sled was acting funny. Started out running on one cylinder for a while then on 2 the rest of the day. Would fall on its face shortly after a full throttle blast. Thought it was bouncing off the rev limiter because of too light primary weights. Started it up last night and the headlight, display was flashing in conjunction with a stuttering idle. Every time it would cut out, there was an "click" coming from the voltage regulator I am guessing. Have a voltage regulator coming. Start there.

Brad62

Reaction score
your lucky, mine quit one day on the back side of the saddle in renshaw, I thought it was some wet conections as it was a great day and great snow. I had a quick look and pulled the rope and carried on 2 minutes later all i could smell was burnt electronics. towed it home and $600 later, up and running. 4 months outside the polaris goodwill warrrenty and no warning signs to speak of. Wanted to replace VR last fall but was told it had to fail first.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Just got bck from Revy. Yesterday. Voltage reg #3 one a year so far. Any thoughts what could be causing it to happen. Good thing icarry a ued one out o my o5 900 every time i head out.

Powderdream

Reaction score
Just got bck from Revy. Yesterday. Voltage reg #3 one a year so far. Any thoughts what could be causing it to happen. Good thing icarry a ued one out o my o5 900 every time i head out.

Try replacing the stator as well. I went through two VR in quick succession and then got the stator replaced and everything has been working fine since stator replaced.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Thanks Powder Dream. Thats what i was thinking of doing next. was considering of buying anew 13 Pro. But know to many people with issues with them. Really hate to switch brands. But it sure is looking like it. I have always been a die hard Poo rider. but it is starting to wear off. But thanks again for the feed back.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine went yesterday after about 770km. Drove it back, hopefully my ecu is still good. Plug read shows engine was runnigg a bit leaner on the mag side cylinder, could this be cause my irregular voltage? Doesnt look to have been too lean slightly greyish, not excessve enough to cause damage, but id like to determine the cause if its not from the VR.

2010_rmk

Reaction score
I have a 2010 600 with the same problem after storing my sled in a inclosed trailer all summer I started it up and my gauge lights and tail light go on and off. Checked my connections then heard about the VR's getting replaced so I picked one up from the dealer. The warrenty on this part ended June 2012 and I noticed that its black in Colour now not aluminum(grey). Haven't plugged it in yet.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom