2010 RMk 800 Updates

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 went out in jan same kind of think but mine would still run to about 6000-6500 before it would cut out! Common problem with these. The good think is it failed to low voltage and saved the computer, some fail high and take it out.

davermk

Reaction score
i just bought a 2010 rmk 800 last week out of the crate. im hoping it does'nt have any issues. my last sled was a 98 700 rmk with a few mods and lets just say im glad i updated :D

me too 2010 rmk 800 12. after 12 miles the voltage regulator failed and i had to limp my brand new sled back to the truck

shiftrus

Reaction score
ouch!! im hoping to get at least 3 hours on mine before i do a mountain trip for new years. Just in case of the regulator.

t-bomb

Reaction score
I got a 2010 assault and got the latest reflash when I brought my sled in to get the track replaced (I think in late Feb). the comp track fell apart. I rode it twice after last year and once this year. It has NO bog at the 7000rpm any more.

first tank of oil was the mineral blue polaris and now running gold plus with NGK plat plugs

Magic wire plugged in and SHELL every time.

fingers crossed it's good and if she goes let it be befor warenty is done

Hammer800

Reaction score
Was there less engine burn downs on the 2010"s than the previous years?:confused:

Hammer800

Reaction score
Does Polaris use a different map on the Dragon's verses the lesser RMK's?
Just an idea:confused:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no same map for rmk's and dragons. I just looked back the other day and it looks like the newest reflash was in august 2010. the 2010 sled with the updated engines were a lot better then the 08 and 09 even after the update was done.

rockydaug

Reaction score
the update is to help with the mid-range issue, there is only one difference with the updates, color of injectors.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put the first 30 miles on my 2010 Assault. I'm not at all impressed with the power (the Attank would have a field day with it). It also has a serious midrange bog when I try to hold a steady speed (like grabbing the brake). Should I be taking it in, or will it get better once I"ve run a tankfull through and connected the wires???:confused:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put the first 30 miles on my 2010 Assault. I'm not at all impressed with the power (the Attank would have a field day with it). It also has a serious midrange bog when I try to hold a steady speed (like grabbing the brake). Should I be taking it in, or will it get better once I"ve run a tankfull through and connected the wires???:confused:

where were you riding and are you running the stock weights? you need to put some 10-66's or 10-68's in it for running around here or else you will get a mid range bog. it will help once the first tank of gas is through it. it is better if you leave the wires unplugged.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changed the weights. I thought the wires were supposed to be connected when using quality fuel without ethanol?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you changed the weights it may be a good idea to get the new reflash then. it helps with the midrange bog. polaris covers it as part of the warranty.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll come and see you guys if it continues after the first tank. Who knows when that will be if we don't get any snow.:mad:

Hammer800

Reaction score
What has Dynotech figured out with the PCV that Polaris can't? I would have thought Polaris would have come up with a new map by now that is based on the polaris ECU map plus Dynotech's map if it works so well?:dunno:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What has Dynotech figured out with the PCV that Polaris can't? I would have thought Polaris would have come up with a new map by now that is based on the polaris ECU map plus Dynotech's map if it works so well?:dunno:

as far an I know dynotechs map would probably not meet epa regulations.

Hammer800

Reaction score
Right...I forgot about those guys! Do they dictate the emissions standards up in Canada too? I am not sure but I don't think their reach goes this far yet. Too bad we can't get a map that is a little less tight for up here.:d

Top Bottom