2010 polaris assault 800 issues?

Polaris boy

Reaction score
Im looking at buyin a 2010 800 assault 146" with 496 miles on er. only mod done is hps can, sled looks really good, everything is still tight like new. Just wondering if anyone is havin issues with the 2010?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2. Motors. Unless real cheap run for the hills. Buget for a motor job.

sledrs

Reaction score
I have 2 of them. Mine has had absolutly no issues with 1000 miles on it. It is off warranty in a month and I put a SLP stage 2 kit on it yesterday with a PCV. Will find out how that works soon. My wifes had the top end done at 300 miles and still has 1 year warranty left. She tends to run in that bad midrange some. I have always run 1 gal C12 to every 5 gal premium because I dont trust the pumps and I put 200ml of inj oil in every 5 gal of gas for insurance. I know I shouldnt have to but it is cheap insurance to not have it in the shop! Sofar so good, keep an eye on the digitron. And yes, I do like my machine or I wouldnt have bought one for the wife!

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep hate to say it but some had motor issues. Powercommander V will help. They don,t seem to like the midrange much. Also there is a fix out for them PMS The ''FIX'' Performance Motor Sports Ashton, ID (208) 652-7738 . My bud has a 2010 Dragon and so far so good, He always has that nagging doubt in the back of his mind though. Feel bad for him i actually like the ride of his sled and it definately works good. So what ever sled you buy enjoy it!! They all have their perks and issues in some way!

Polaris boy

Reaction score
ya i always drive throttle to the bar so it will always get the fuel it needs lol compression is 140 both sides, so thats normal right?

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not sure about the 800 but one of my friends and his brother got two 600 assualts and they had lots of electrical problems i dont know if it happened to the 800 but something to look out for

Tang

Reaction score
I have the 2010 RMK Dragon 800 with about 800 miles on it without an issue................I did have the VR go when I was in West Yellowstone last year. I must admit, I go around everyday touching as much wood for good luck hoping this 800 holds together. Mine came with all the April 2010 updates from the dealer from new.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stay away. I've got a friend with a 10' Assault. Been trying to get an intermittent bog worked out of it for 2 years now. The 6th time at the shop they pulled the motor apart and the cylinders were scarred up. New motor in it now, hopefully it runs better this year. Of course many other guys have needed the updates for their 800's. And once the updates are done, the 800 motor is down on power just to make it reliable.

Good sleds when they run, but why risk it? Also from my own experience, Polaris support isn't the greatest. I'd look elsewhere even if you need to spend a couple extra bucks.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stay away. I've got a friend with a 10' Assault. Been trying to get an intermittent bog worked out of it for 2 years now. The 6th time at the shop they pulled the motor apart and the cylinders were scarred up. New motor in it now, hopefully it runs better this year. Of course many other guys have needed the updates for their 800's. And once the updates are done, the 800 motor is down on power just to make it reliable.

Good sleds when they run, but why risk it? Also from my own experience, Polaris support isn't the greatest. I'd look elsewhere even if you need to spend a couple extra bucks.

any MODS done to sled???????

sledrs

Reaction score
The fix is for 09. The 2010 went back to 2 rings and thicker jugs.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fix is for 09. The 2010 went back to 2 rings and thicker jugs.

2010 has the same issue as 09 - blew mine up on last ride in March...had about 1,600 m... Put in PMS kit, reeds will now add oil to every tank and will pray everytime I ride that it will get me home, I ride to the bar, never in mid range and she still blew up... if you have the money go for the 2011 or new (IMO)... - put in the pms and pcv,if not then be prepared to spend $2k on an engine sooner then later :(

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2010 has the same issue as 09 - blew mine up on last ride in March...had about 1,600 m... Put in PMS kit, reeds will now add oil to every tank and will pray everytime I ride that it will get me home, I ride to the bar, never in mid range and she still blew up... if you have the money go for the 2011 or new (IMO)... - put in the pms and pcv,if not then be prepared to spend $2k on an engine sooner then later :(

what ryeser didnt mention is that he is to the bar, then off, then on, then off!!! In his case it was probably 60% sleds fault and 40% rider error :)

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dig around in the Polaris IQ section. Pages and pages of info. My 2010 800 Dragon has around 1200 miles and no problems other than the VR. I did get a PC5 for a little piece of mind. But all sleds blow up. Run good gas, keep er pinned, have fun.

Polaris boy

Reaction score
there is no mods.. besides HPS can.. im definately gettin the powercommander 5.. what do they run at for price?

Top Bottom