2010 plumit 800r problems

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DPM goes full rich when it fails

I know that's what it's "supposed" to do, a couple guys on here have said that was not the case for them though.

Nothing else makes sense Maxwell, he was up to 2 main jet sizes larger on the mag side for two days and the plugs were perfect. No jetting changes and it was later in the day (re: air temp was hotter) when it went lean, not a cold morning at -20. If anything it should have been pig rich on the mag side.

Why does it run like a raped ape for 2.5 days and then all of a sudden starts acting up for no reason, out of the blue? Unfortunately I wasn't there to try and ride it and he hasn't put an EGT on it to confirm plug readings and what the temps are in the different throttle positions, and my only other suspicion is that its maybe a mid range lean spot and that he just happened to keep it there for too long.

I have been through the motor myself, it's in good shape. Carbs are set correctly, other than a pipe and can, it's bone stock. Nothing left to suspect other than the DPM because if it was anything else (like carbs) it should do it all the time or right from the start, not run great for 2 days then act up for no reason. something seems to change, which is why I suspect the DPM because nothing else can physically change without him touching it - which he hasn't.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well like you said. thats what its "supposed to do" haha.

the dpm can only lean the system so im sure its possible to fail lean.

its an expensive thing to change also. best to find someone that has one he can borrow for a few days since the parts are like 500 bucks.

or ditch it thats the best of both words!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have read that in the past, people have found the dpm solenoid can get stuck open, or closed. If it gets stuck when you are at high elevation, you can easily lean out heading to lower elevations. Usually when you hear of a DPM fail rich, it is from a leak of some sort.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good news :) the place i bought the sled from is going to warranty the crank. bad news is they are BO'ed until august15th. Maybe there's a BIGGER problem than we know.LOL

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got the summit back together now just waiting for some white stuff to try it out in.
ModMan going to be coming your way after Christmas again hopefully we can hook up

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got the summit back together now just waiting for some white stuff to try it out in.
ModMan going to be coming your way after Christmas again hopefully we can hook up

Let me know when. I might be back at the folks place this year for Xmas. If not let's plan a spring ride then.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be after the 26th of December as Wife and i are in Mexico until then. was thinking of somewhere around the 28th or so. thinking for say 2-3 days.
This will of course depend on the White stuff.

If you can't make it at that time i will try and find another ride to hook up with. This is a long ways away. Can you tell that im excited to get out this year :d:d

driller

Reaction score
yes dpm's can fail rich had it happen to a 05 lost a piston in that case
put 4500 klm on that engine pulled it out tore it down pto brgs dry and burnt looking repaced the pto brgs put in new pistons ran machine for another 3500 klms sold the sled with over 8000 klms on it. checked run out on the crank before i sold it and it was 1.5 thou run out not bad at all. Lots of venting on the clutch side .

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Have got the clutches aligned properly by taking and drilling the mount. Snow show is here in 2 weeks so i will be looking for a vent kit and also will be looking at doing the DJ clutch kit.

Are any of you guys using the DJ kit with the stock secondary setup?? Just curious as i will be looking to purchase this kit at the snow show.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Have got the clutches aligned properly by taking and drilling the mount. Snow show is here in 2 weeks so i will be looking for a vent kit and also will be looking at doing the DJ clutch kit.

Are any of you guys using the DJ kit with the stock secondary setup?? Just curious as i will be looking to purchase this kit at the snow show.

The kit comes with a helix

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a Dynamo Joe dealer but dont have anything in stock at the moment. I didn't see anything at the show either.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay will pm drop the hammer. As for the snow show Saskatchewan snow show is nov5,6,7. so i will be looking for it thier

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If drop the hammer is out of stock you can also try Bow cycle south. Im pretty sure they keep joeys stuff in stock.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay will pm drop the hammer. As for the snow show Saskatchewan snow show is nov5,6,7. so i will be looking for it thier

I have "one" in stock, ask for my parts person Kirsty. 403 441 1299
I also have the dj mtn ramps :)

Top Bottom