2010 or 2011 f350

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trading in a lease on an 07 f150, and looking at either a 250 or 350 superduty. We're trying to find a '10 model, but having a hard time with the options that we want. The other option is to factory order a new '11.

I don't know if I should be afraid of the new '11 with the new engine, or if they have done a good job with it that it shouldn't be a worry.

I've been searching and searching, but am having a hard time going in either direction. Any help would be great. Also, if you know of a great ford dealer, let me know.

Thanks!

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a 2009 f350 , not one problem with it , just likes fuel , but have it lifted with tires , if you can wait for 4 to 6 months after the release of the 2011 we will find out if they have disaster on there hands

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lease is up in june, and i need iy for this summer.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the 2011, someone has to be the guinea pig.:d

Attachments

• guinea-pig-sports-02.jpg
    guinea-pig-sports-02.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 601

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a 2010 f-350 super duty in dec and love it. only 10,000km so far and not a problem. did you try lacombe ford they have a good selection of trucks there

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the deal behind the regen?

I know that the truck dumps fuel into the exhaust to clean the filter by burning off the particulate blah blah blah.... But, how does this affect the driving of the truck itself? how often and how long does this process last? does it give you a countdown warning?

thanks for the education.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 2010 f 350 superduty and i love it mine has the stock 20inch wheels and iam getting 19mpg the truck only has 3500km and for the regen it has no count down it just tells u when its regenning on the dash and it last for ummm never really timed it but i think ts for 15 to 20 minutes i find no lack of power when its on regen mode i hope this helps u :d

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how often does it regen on average? once a tank, once an oil change?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i drove to reddeer last week to pick up my jet boat and it only regen once on the way down and reddeer is 5 hours from me one way so maybe it regens after 3 tanks but thats a guess because when it regens u cant tell unless u look at the dash so iam sure i missed a couple regen for sure:d

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's good that you don't notice, some of the threads about the regen are rather scary with people describing it as going into limp mode.
Maybe they have refined the regen on the 2010's. You've made my decision much easier!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh there a kit to take all that regen crap of but not sure how u feel about no warrenty on a new truck as iam keeping mine on and for the idiling in the winter my truck is parked in the shop all winter and i dont drive it so i couldnt tell u about the problems these trucks were having idiling in te winter as i know some people were having problems with the regen in winter

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember when asking questions on the internet you rarely get good feedback on stuff people will always be on here because they had problems but the other 95 percent of people wont be and they are happy with their trucks.

jono.2

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for sure, just as everything should be taken with a grain of salt. Talking about those 5% of people with problems helps when you know that their problems have been fixed, modified, or ignored.
Sometimes, the best information is from the 5% who have had the problems; but everyone on here has given great info. i'd never get anywhere without all this input from you guys!

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trading in a lease on an 07 f150, and looking at either a 250 or 350 superduty. We're trying to find a '10 model, but having a hard time with the options that we want. The other option is to factory order a new '11.

I don't know if I should be afraid of the new '11 with the new engine, or if they have done a good job with it that it shouldn't be a worry.

I've been searching and searching, but am having a hard time going in either direction. Any help would be great. Also, if you know of a great ford dealer, let me know.

Thanks!
What kind of options are ya looking for......... I have an 2009 that I bought last year....with about 30,000 all hwy........... everything but leather......I just don't enjoy lether on a long drive...... but the upgrade cloth heated seats and great............I went to the dealer to trade it in on a new dodge.....but they wouldn't deal...and I didn't want to give it away for 30 grand they offered me.......basically taking off a buck for every km on the thing.......................but it would be a good truck for someone...i'm just not a ford guy. this was my first one and have always driven dodges.......and am going back to the old dodge as soon as I deal the ford away.

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took all the dpf stuff out of my 08 f350 and have it chipped and have never had any problems getting warranty work done on my truck. Maybe trying talking to a couple ford dealers and find out what they will let you do to you truck and still warranty things. I talked to a couple dealers before purchasing my truck and the dealer I went with told me to do pretty much what ever I wanted. I have a 8" lift, chipped, dpf delete, cold air intake, and aftermarket exhaust and they have warrantied everything so far.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took all the dpf stuff out of my 08 f350 and have it chipped and have never had any problems getting warranty work done on my truck. Maybe trying talking to a couple ford dealers and find out what they will let you do to you truck and still warranty things. I talked to a couple dealers before purchasing my truck and the dealer I went with told me to do pretty much what ever I wanted. I have a 8" lift, chipped, dpf delete, cold air intake, and aftermarket exhaust and they have warrantied everything so far.

Me too, extensive warranty work with no problems and the only question asked was about the 211km/hr speed that was stored in the computer. Oops:d:d

Top Bottom