2010 or 2011 f350

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the shot out, The tester was a Ford engineeer. Towing up and down a hill, testing fuel effeciency and engine braking and overall towing. Chev raped the Ford.

Our GMC sierra has been better than any ford we've ever owned.

Just sayin'. If you want ford, go nuts. My buddy is a hard core ford fan.

I also watched the shoot out they had between the new 2011 ford and gmc trucks. They didn't have the dodge in there because they trailer they were towing was over the dodge allowable weight. The new gmc won in most catagories. Just sayin what i saw. I drive a 2008 f350 and am not a gm guy but they seem to out pull the new fords

denseleit

Reaction score
Check the shot out, The tester was a Ford engineeer. Towing up and down a hill, testing fuel effeciency and engine braking and overall towing. Chev raped the Ford.

Our GMC sierra has been better than any ford we've ever owned.

Just sayin'. If you want ford, go nuts. My buddy is a hard core ford fan.

I've watched that and have that magazine. That test was done BEFORE the factory reflash to 400hp/800ftlbs. I'd think the tables would be turned after. Ford was waiting till gm posted and bragged about its numbers before it added the final tune to the engine. I'd love to see a rematch.

summit7

Reaction score
I took all the dpf stuff out of my 08 f350 and have it chipped and have never had any problems getting warranty work done on my truck. Maybe trying talking to a couple ford dealers and find out what they will let you do to you truck and still warranty things. I talked to a couple dealers before purchasing my truck and the dealer I went with told me to do pretty much what ever I wanted. I have a 8" lift, chipped, dpf delete, cold air intake, and aftermarket exhaust and they have warrantied everything so far.
dlg
Let me know what dealer told you this as I would like to send him all the 6.4l that have been damaged by that mentality!

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the ford dealer in saskatoon and have not had a problem. I blew the tourque converter in my tranny and they covered everything.

Kruchy

Reaction score
I bought a 2011. Awesome mileage beautiful truck. I am not going to hack the other makes drive them all and buy what you want. You will not go wrong with buying a Ford.

Peter Gill

Reaction score
That test was done BEFORE the factory reflash to 400hp/800ftlbs.

If you're referring to the test in the Feb issue of Diesel Power, that is not correct, the test Ford WAS the reflashed version. I'm a die-hard OBS Ford guy ('93 F350 7.5 gasser, '97 F250 7.3 oil burner) and hate to say it, but within the specific parameters of the test the bow-tie won handily.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish it were larger .
Yeah the larger fuel tank is an option you can get it , I* usually go to the dealer and make a deal on a truck that i want and then preorder......no dealer cover costs etc but you just have to wait for the truck.......plus I always get it in writing if there are any incentives price drops etc...we get that deal upon delivery. if you have a good dealer and have had business dealings there before they will work you a great deal....probably better than the one sitting on te lot.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
I bought an '11 F350 dually last April. I have had no issues with it and pushing 52,000 km. Love the truck but now a days they are all pretty much the same.

How ever, I am getting better than 100 km more for the same 125 liter tank that my '06 Dodge was getting....

Top Bottom