2010 Nytro Maintainance

John Cambell

Reaction score
Hi there folks. Just wondering, beyond the yearly oil change/filter, what type of other maintaince should be done on the nytro sleds? thanks in advance for your help

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I would change the bearing that serves the drivers that is found just below the secondary clutch. Also you can remove the circlip from the bearing that is behind your secondary then carefully remove the rubber seal without puncturing it. Then you clean out what you can and re-grease it. Then reinstall cleaned cover and circlip. There is black buttons in your secondary that wear check those. Check and adjust your chain.
I do my bearings each year, replace my chain. I have over 16000 km on my sled now. I had a bearing failure on the bottom driver shaft at about 5k.

Last edited:

craptabulous

Reaction score
I would change the bearing that serves the drivers that is found just below the secondary clutch. Also you can remove the circlip from the bearing that is behind your secondary then carefully remove the rubber seal without puncturing it. Then you clean out what you can and re-grease it. Then reinstall cleaned cover and circlip. There is black buttons in your secondary that wear check those. Check and adjust your chain.
I do my bearings each year, replace my chain. I have over 16000 km on my sled now. I had a bearing failure on the bottom driver shaft at about 5k.

I agree with this 100% having had the same experience with that track bearing , when mine went it cost me a speed sensor aswell , its cheaper just to do the bearing

SRT

Reaction score
This is good info., thanks. I just picked up a 2011 Nytro with turbo. Wondering now how clutches are gonna take extra power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here is some info

yny4uma4.jpg
2 bearings

epyzesej.jpg
This is the one that has failed

yverevy4.jpg
Here is the new bearing. With part #. You can use the nylon case from your old one if it's still good. This bearing has been updated as well. The new one has metal sides where the old was just neoprene.

ra2uvy6a.jpg
There are two on the inside of the gearbox and two on the outside of the gearbox.

Last edited:

SRT

Reaction score
I agree with this 100% having had the same experience with that track bearing , when mine went it cost me a speed sensor aswell , its cheaper just to do the bearing

When that bearing fails what are the symptoms? Excessive noise? Does it lock up?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When that bearing fails what are the symptoms? Excessive noise? Does it lock up?

When mine failed I was lucky I was driving out by long lake I heard some rattling and my belt started squeeking a lot. Stopped to have a look and lucky I did. this can really cause a lot of damage or even an injury. It was completely dried up and totally seized. Lucky that did not happen in the mountains. You could not ride it if this bearing seizes. Your walking, it's even difficult to tow your sled.

SRT

Reaction score
When mine failed I was lucky I was driving out by long lake I heard some rattling and my belt started squeeking a lot. Stopped to have a look and lucky I did. this can really cause a lot of damage or even an injury. It was completely dried up and totally seized. Lucky that did not happen in the mountains. You could not ride it if this bearing seizes. Your walking, it's even difficult to tow your sled.

Thanks. Good to know. Everything is good for now..

Top Bottom