2010 M8 only hitting 6500 RPM

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I took my new to me 2010 M8 for its first run.
I could only get up to 6500 rpm then a few ( 3 ) times it hit 8000.
It looks like the the PTO side is not firing right looks like it is over fuelling.
140 psi on both cylinders.
Going to check my reeds but why would it run ok for a short time off and on.
any help would be nice

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Mag side plugs are nice and brown PTO side wet black doesn't look like much firing.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Mag side plugs are nice and brown PTO side wet black doesn't look like much firing.
Have you tried 2 new plugs? If one plug has been fouled, it will never recover itself. Also make sure your plug boots are on tight to the wires

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would start with new plugs. Also check coils. Make sure they are bolted down tight. Check plug wires. Make sure there are no bare spots worn through.

z400

Reaction score
I just went through this exact situation on my m7 I was chancing electrical issues from what I though I tried everything I heard on Internet to no evailcompression was good but when we tore the engine down the niksil was lifting off cylinder wall one little piece came off but there was about a quarter of the cylinder that was almost like bubbled everyone I have talked to hasn't heard of it but It does happen so if all else fails check that out

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those '10's were known to break primary clutch springs.
Just sayin'

Turts, typing on

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Went through this same issue with the gf's m6 started at plugs, cleaned power valves, checked adjustment on them... Check clutches, cleaned them, tried new weights... Checked springs....
I would try all of the above....
Mine turned out to be a bad ecu. After almost a whole season of screwing with it having it work well intermittently and getting about 100kms out of a set of plugs the problem was finally found by a dealer

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah definitely check your power valves if they dont open your engine won't rev as high as it should. Just a suggestion.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked and replaced my reeds runs great now.
Thanks for all the Help.

Top Bottom