2010 M8 Mapping. Can i add aftermarket intake?

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rather new 2010 M 800 that is completely stock. I was wondering what the stock mapping is like. It seems to be a little fat on the bottom. I was wondering if i could add a aftermarket slp air intake with out a fuel controller? And if that is ok would i also be able to add a light weight can? Thanks guys.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive ridden with both those mods with no issues on mine 2-3 seasons. No controller.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can add both can and air intake with no problems. I got a M7 with can, SLP intake and Y pipe and no problems with it.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rather new 2010 M 800 that is completely stock. I was wondering what the stock mapping is like. It seems to be a little fat on the bottom. I was wondering if i could add a aftermarket slp air intake with out a fuel controller? And if that is ok would i also be able to add a light weight can? Thanks guys.
My son has a 2011 m 8 and all we did was a can which dropped 16lbs of the sled and a new helix from mountain magic on the secondary. Rented a 2012 m8 one day and it was stock, it didn't seem to have the same pull as my sons. We left the rest of the sled stock and it runs real well.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just saying that it's a cat EFI and it was all good. Take it effing easy, don't get all worked up!
Lol.now lets not fight,powerclaw has a poit! comparing apples to apples your M7 has diffrent fuel map then the 2010 M8!!! FYI.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol.now lets not fight,powerclaw has a poit! comparing apples to apples your M7 has diffrent fuel map then the 2010 M8!!! FYI.

Yah I know different map cause of different motors. But the air fuel ratio would be close to the same, and they both got the same air intake and air box. So the SLP intake would have pretty close to the same affect on both sleds. But yah I think the m8 is a bit leaner. I guess I was comparing crab apples to apples. My bad!

Top Bottom