2010 M8 issues?

Reaction score
Hey guys, please help. I'm currently a doo owner but seriously thinking of buying a cat, M8 to be more specific. Ive heard that they took some weight out of their cranks for 2010 and was wondering if thats true and if youve had or heard of any reliability issues? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. :beer::beer::beer:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my brother and I got the 2010 M8, his gf has the 2009 M8. No major problems. His primary spring cracked. I had to add a shim to adjust my belt deflection. That's about it. The 2009 has been clean. We absolutely LOVE them :D and my bro's 2010 is also now turbo'd. Hauls a$$ i'm told, haven't seen it since the turbo went on. Hope this helps

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 m8 162 snopro only thing that happen to me was the spring broke in my primary other then that still going hard 550miles just love it...yes and they took weight off the crank for faster rpms, turbo coming soon:d

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues with my 2010 M8, well except that there's rarely enough snow to challenge this thing this year.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My hubby's 2010 M8 Snopro has been AWESOME.....he has over 800 miles on it this season so far, no issues, except for a broken spring in the primary. Next season he's going to go with a TURBO!!:p I found this article explaining the crank of this engine..... NEW 800 MOTOR

Arctic Cat offers a great line-up across all segments, but a couple of changes this year need to be mentioned right up front. For 2010 the green team has built a new 800 motor for us, and it is everything they claim it to be.

The new mill gets a 4.3 lb-lighter crankshaft, which was achieved by ‘pork-chopping’ the crank lobes. Now we always get nervous when someone tells us they shaved weight out of their crank shaft, but in this case it really does appear that there was a lot of extra weight in the crank that could be taken out without hurting durability.

But it isn’t just the crank that got a redo. The whole engine has been reworked and horsepower out of the twin mill touches the 160 hp mark, which is 10% more than last year's motor. We didn’t put it on a dyno, other than the ‘drag race it across the meadow and up the hill’ dyno, but that was more than enough to show us that the new Arctic Cat 800 motor is the strongest of the 800's available. It is quick revving and pulls hard all the way to the top end, making the sleds it sits in super fun to crack the loud lever on.

Attachments

• DSC05498.jpg
    DSC05498.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 123

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
700 miles on mine and haven't had a problem yet, even convinced my dad to start looking a an m8 because of how good it goes

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same w/ my dad haha I lent him my m8 to go to Revy this weekend for 6days of riding. I talked to him after day2 and he says he'll be talking to the dealer on Monday lol He's been ridin Cat for a long time so the sell wasn't too hard to make on him.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same w/ my dad haha I lent him my m8 to go to Revy this weekend for 6days of riding. I talked to him after day2 and he says he'll be talking to the dealer on Monday lol He's been ridin Cat for a long time so the sell wasn't too hard to make on him.

Love my 2009 M8 snopro... even my hubby (a diehard Yamaha Turbo guy) is looking at making the switch after riding mine. I don't think you will be disappointed with the Cats :beer:

mynewuseddoo

Reaction score
I made the switch from Doo this season. I had actualy sunk a wack of cash into my doo, motor, suspention, etc..., this year and it took me one ride on my buddies 2010 M8 to make me realize what a mistake I made investing the extra cash into the ski doo. My old doo rocked and pulled like a mofo but the M8 handles like no other....AWESOME!!! I am throwing the turbo on this summer for next year and then look out!!! LOL!!!

Top Bottom