2010 M8 issue

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some advise. Driving in to Chatter yesterday machine started running like car half way up the trail. Think it might be electrical ground issue. Hoping someone has had the same problem and can share the fix.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although it does not make sense because you were on the trail was there any ice in the throttle cable or snow packed in between the throttle lever and the stop as my 2010 M8 does that quite often when riding deep powder. It is a safety issue so your throttle does not stick open when it senses something that might not allow the throttle lever to return properly to idle postiion. It still runs but in a limp mode until you clear out the snow or ice.

woodsman27

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere guys were having problems with the wires underneath the tank and/or tail light causing a ground - not sure if cat fixed that problem on the 10's though.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need more info than just "Started running like a car" WFT does that even mean? did he mean running like crap? Was it missing, bogging, etc. wouldn't rev out? "poorly running" could mean 1000 different things

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need more info than just "Started running like a car" WFT does that even mean? did he mean running like crap? Was it missing, bogging, etc. wouldn't rev out? "poorly running" could mean 1000 different things

Exactly! My car actually runs really well! My M8 had a few issues today though.

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some advise. Driving in to Chatter yesterday machine started running like car half way up the trail. Think it might be electrical ground issue. Hoping someone has had the same problem and can share the fix.

No ****e, cause mine ran like GSXR and I'm a Harley guy, Lmao a little more description like ford to olds to big block to turbo stroke small block or maybe even a early 60's Offenhauser now that would be cool... Just toying with you bud but c'mon, really a car???

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• SDC12435.jpg
    SDC12435.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 116

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry...should have given more info
what it feels like its doing is running on one cylinder and then once in a while to goes back to normal again. Checked the fuel lines, changed plugs and looked around for a loose wire somewhere. Was hoping someone had the same issue and a guy could isolate the search

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what it feels like its doing is running on one cylinder and then once in a while to goes back to normal again. Checked the fuel lines, changed plugs and looked around for a loose wire somewhere. Was hoping someone had the same issue and a guy could isolate the search

Mine does that just off idle once in a while. Seems to clean up right away though. Don't know what it is. Hasn't bothered me enough to go looking for it.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

8 out of 10 times with these sleds it seems like the ECU, or the servo motor. If its not throwing a code, you might have to run it by the dealer. Other thing is, they don't run right at lower altitudes, the lake at chatter's about 1800 ft, they don't run right below about 3500. if it only did it at a certain spot on the trail (within 10 kms of the truck) this could be the problem. Did it run good at the higher elevations or it had the issue all day?

Mm

Last edited:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on checking your reeds. I had a similar problem with my M8 after about 2000mi. Suddenly in the middle of a ride it would run like crap half the time when I grabbed the throttle. One petal was chipped.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll rip the thing apart when I get back luckily we had a spare sled.
Must have been a full moon because 4 guys in our group had to get towed out for weird **** and non crash related!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I follow suit with checking the reeds. Real boggy then itll go like snot every once in awhile with the throttle WFO, then back to bog?
Had these symptoms on mine and the reeds were chipped all to $hit

Top Bottom