2010 m8 engine temp

vitamin

Reaction score
HOW HOT IS TO HOT FOR THE ENGINE TO RUN....PUTTING IN EGT GAUGES BUT NEED TO KNOW WHEN IS TO HOT:beer:

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if your seeing 1300 its hot,but different machines will all read different temps,probe placment,fuel,timing advance all affect temps,on my old sled 1300 midrange but plugs and wash were perfect,my buddies zr hit 1300 once!!and now he has some nice ashtrays:d so take your time look at your plugs at different temps and piston wash then record your temps,if all is ok and its reading 1350 then you know that temp is safe on YOUR machine

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if your seeing 1300 its hot,but different machines will all read different temps,probe placment,fuel,timing advance all affect temps,on my old sled 1300 midrange but plugs and wash were perfect,my buddies zr hit 1300 once!!and now he has some nice ashtrays:d so take your time look at your plugs at different temps and piston wash then record your temps,if all is ok and its reading 1350 then you know that temp is safe on YOUR machine

X2 on that

killerrf

Reaction score
on a single pipe setup up i think koso had around 4" from piston skirt. on a dual pipe it was further out... like 6" if i remember right.

Top Bottom