2010 m1000 hp wtf!!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Why is cat not posting the horsepower on the 2010 m1000? Is it the same or are they increasing it as well. Just by the looks of 1 model of the 1000 I figure it is up for a major change next year. Why would anyone buy a 1000 this year when the 800 is within a few ponies and sooo much lighter. By the way I own a 1000 and love it, just debating the upgrade to a newer sled, what do you guys think?

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably the last year for the 1000, rumors are sounding like the 4 stroke turbo might be goin in the m-series :d

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I agree, look at the availability and the price, a person is going to really have his heart set on one to buy one next year. I love the idea of next years M8 but I would rather hold off 1 more year and buy the 4 stroke turbo in the M chassis even if it weighed more than the 09 or 10, I think it will still weigh less than my 07. Just my opinion.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing rumors of it being the last year for the M1000 next yera.. i'm thinking that i'm going to just keep my '08 and update it to lookl ike an'10.. It's cheap and easy to do, because there is not really any difference between the '09 and '10 m1000. So i'm thinkin that i'll just continue modding my '08.. then it'll kick a '10's butt anyways.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry to say the hp is the same:confused:, wtf is right, and it will probably be the last year for the m1, since the eight is the same or a few more hp's makes no sense to keep both other than the decals,,, as far as the turbo mountain i think you will see it in its concept in 2010, look at the z1turbo ext 144 and the fact that there is a long track kit to go to 162" with extroverts...hmmmm i think you know what next years demo is going to be , well that and a snopro 500 that should be more fun than a barrel of monkeys and a two wheel, bike oopps starting to show my age.. next yr should be a good sled model year, specially if our dollar goes up- which makes rebates "usually" rise... the new f-chassis 6" longer with the ability for a soon to be seen ' aftermarket' a rail
extension to make them the new touring crossover....just my views..

also am planning on winning the lottery soon so i will be able to spend my winters in mcbride with the occasional pilgrimage back to town for congical visits... ha ha more likely to visit cause i have been told :realmad:any increase in the number of mountain trips that are already calendered i may " have all the time in the world to sled":nono: not sure if that so good, on account of my lack of cooking abilities... ha ha

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember the same thing with the 06 King Cat, was pretty much unchanged from 05... turned out to be it's last year it was around.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is cat not posting the horsepower on the 2010 m1000? Is it the same or are they increasing it as well. Just by the looks of 1 model of the 1000 I figure it is up for a major change next year. Why would anyone buy a 1000 this year when the 800 is within a few ponies and sooo much lighter. By the way I own a 1000 and love it, just debating the upgrade to a newer sled, what do you guys think?

Torque is King. What you can do with a 1000 as a base power plant cant be accomplished with a 800.
No replacement for Displacement.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya you know i have that tatooed on my ass... just kidding but i agree hole a big twin always has more torque, if your up on the weekend - i am bringing one of my favs. an 02 mountain 800 crc tunnel 16x151 x 2" track, lightweight hood- engine is brand new crate engine, single pipe, can , variflo- lots of fun to ride, oh ya and a shake and bake safety flag:cool:,

course there will be others up there. m8-m1, etc, apex m , nytro m

i wish just for one yr i could pick the changes and upgrades, i think the m1 should easily be running 210 stk hp, with a few minor tweeks that would be a nasty biatch to hold onto ...ya babey

T.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1300 Cutler is the way to go. Going back wards is for Old Fuggs like me

Top Bottom