2010 HO800 Reeds

tysonf.

Reaction score
Like I have heard in many instances, my 2010 M8 reeds must be chipped:mad:. I am experiencing a bog and loading up when taking off from idle or decending down from a climb. Just wondering if anyone has a preference of reeds they like using and if there is a difference between brands. Right now for me its between V force or the Boyesen. Any difference? Pros and Cons??

Cheers,

schwindt

Reaction score
Stock reeds are fine if not boosted they last good, if turbo or you don't want to change them for a while try tdr reeds or trd can't remember brand had 1000 boosted miles on mine they were great. I would personally stay away from boy seen or v force

ScubaSteveSK

Reaction score
This more than likely isn't caused by your reeds, but by the engine loading up on oil while idling/decending due to the oil pump injecting too much.

It's a common issue with the 800 cats and you might have to lower the setting on your oil pump. As far as I know the only way to 100% fix the issue is to do an oil injection delete.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This more than likely isn't caused by your reeds, but by the engine loading up on oil while idling/decending due to the oil pump injecting too much.

It's a common issue with the 800 cats and you might have to lower the setting on your oil pump. As far as I know the only way to 100% fix the issue is to do an oil injection delete.
If you get your sled serviced by a Cat dealer, they will tune your oil injection to the proper setting the engine will need.

But in terms of reeds, I have Boyesen reeds on my 2011 and have loved them since I got them put in. I was told the difference between the VForce and Boyesen reeds is fairly minimal. Both are better than stock, and will provide slightly increased performance/better throttle response, meanwhile lasting longer than stock reeds. Either way, you will be happy with upgrading to aftermarket reeds.

wants snow

Reaction score
Just installed Boyesen rage cages on my 2010 m8 sp. Nice fit and finish fairly easy install. coolant hoses were the hardest part. Did notice a difference for sure on throttle response. nice and crisp everywhere even at higher rpm. I did not expect to notice anything other then bottem end. Was supprised/ very happy. As for how they will stand up time will tell..

T.O.B.C

Reaction score
I would be thinking that your reeds are done. I have a 2010M8 with 2000miles on it, every 1000 miles I have had to replace the reeds I'm on my 3rd set of stockers, tipps wear off and or pieces break off. What I noticed was engine loading up when going down long hills when your not on the throttle. Next set will be aftermarket for sure.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Just curious. What are reeds worth?

I have two m sleds one 1,800 miles and one at 1,000 miles

Sent from my phone

tysonf.

Reaction score
Thanks all for the responses and info. I will try the Boyesen reeds and see if that fixes the issue. I am interseted to see the condition of the stockers i pull out.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I have heard in many instances, my 2010 M8 reeds must be chipped:mad:. I am experiencing a bog and loading up when taking off from idle or decending down from a climb. Just wondering if anyone has a preference of reeds they like using and if there is a difference between brands. Right now for me its between V force or the Boyesen. Any difference? Pros and Cons??

Cheers,
Ran this in my m8 for a full season with no problems.

Set of VFORCE3 Reeds & High Flow Intake
High Flow Intake ; Fits 2005 - 2011 Crossfire & M Series Also 03-06 Sabercat & Fire Cat. Purchased from Rec Supply Saskatoon. Product # 29-905
Lists for $99.95 plus tax
Reeds fit Most 500 - 900 cc Artic Cat here is product # V3112-873B-2 Purchased from Rec Supply Saskatoon.
Lists for $300.00 plus tax
Used on my M8 for 1 year got new HO cat sold old M8. Guy didn't want parts.
Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.

Text me at
306 630-6059
or message me

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From my experience the only reeds to go with are stock good, or better boyesen super stock, or best boyesen rage cage.

Uptown

Reaction score
All this talk about stock reeds chipping sparked my interest. So i tore into my 2010 m8 to check them.
Have 2500km on her, the stock reeds are still in good shape! there is a tiny bit worn on 2 of them at the tips but still seal up well. No corners chipped and none stuck open. I will replace them next year probably with boysen petals.

Top Bottom