2010 dragon 800 top end problems

Reaction score
i have an 2010 dragon 155 and it ats like it loses a cylender when it hits top rpm's (7850-8100) i pulled the plugs and the pto side is burning lean... i know the 08 and 09's have engine troubles but havent heard of much problems with the 2010's... does anyone have any insight for me?

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i have an 2010 dragon 155 and it ats like it loses a cylender when it hits top rpm's (7850-8100) i pulled the plugs and the pto side is burning lean... i know the 08 and 09's have engine troubles but havent heard of much problems with the 2010's... does anyone have any insight for me?

10's were the same....sorry

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like it is going into detonation mode. make sure you are running good premium fuel without ethanol. but if the one side is running lean you could have low compression on that side.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or you could have a F'ed reed valve
d15b6bfb-8a65-9dc6.jpg

I've heard it can happen. Lol

Reaction score
i just did a compression check and both sides are the same i also checked the crank seal on the pto side to make sure it wasnt sucking air and the exhaust valve to make sure it wasnt sticking. the only thing i found wrong was the exhaust valve gasket was leaking a little. i guess i never thought about the reeds i'll check that out... it is still under warranty so i cant dig too far into it just making sure its not something simple before i bring it in.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just did a compression check and both sides are the same i also checked the crank seal on the pto side to make sure it wasnt sucking air and the exhaust valve to make sure it wasnt sticking. the only thing i found wrong was the exhaust valve gasket was leaking a little. i guess i never thought about the reeds i'll check that out... it is still under warranty so i cant dig too far into it just making sure its not something simple before i bring it in.

Dealer told me....cause I was going to put V-Force 3 reeds in this year...to not to because the tips are breaking off on them, he hadn't heard anything about what they were going to do to solve the problem yet.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot about the V-force's breaking too, that's part of why I checked them.

Reaction score
well i just dropped it off at the dealer this morn so now the waiting game begins really hoping its a quick fix im really itching to get into the snow!:( i'll let ya know what they come up with

Reaction score
well i just got off the phone with my dealer and he said the pto side crank seal went out and it was sucking air... so... another one bites the dust..... thank God for warranty! he did say that the mag side looked good and had no signs of running lean which is suprising to me. i guess we'll see how she lasts after the rebuild im thinking im gonna trade up to a pro after this season...

Top Bottom