2010 Dragon 800 oil consumtion

Rustifer

Reaction score
So, went for a little ride on the weekend to make sure the machine was running well before going to the mountains. I burnt a little over 1/3rd of a tank of fuel. My oil resevoir was full. Literally couldn't get a drop more in it, thing is I only burnt about 1 inch of oil? Usually it goes through a full resevoir (2L) for two tanks of fuel (40:1). No exact measurements from the weekend but it seems like it hardly consumed any oil, I am premixing just in case. Had some time on sunday and had a quick look at it, Cable leaver is hooked up and actuates the lever as soon as the throttle is pulled, there seems to be oil in all the delivery lines, and the supply lines look good, no kinks. Calibration was bang on when I ripped it apart a season ago (marks lined up on the lever and the case). Anybody have any oil delivery problems? I am obviously quite worried about this.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you prime the oil lines?. sounds like you rebuilt the motor?.

i also have a service manual for that sled in pdf format if you want to look at it...:beer:

Last edited:

Rustifer

Reaction score
Motor was rebuilt before last season, oil consumption seemed slightly lower than normal last season, but hard to tell because I never really kept an eye on it before the meltdown. If you have the manual in PDF that would be great!!!

Rustifer

Reaction score
Is there an oil filter at the bottom of the resevoir that could be plugged?

Top Bottom