2010 Chev 6.2L Tuning

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chev 1500 4wd with a 6.2L 6sp trans and 3:42 rear gears. The truck works very well, But I would like a bit more power. At the drag races here in Fort St John the same truck ran a 14.3 in the 1/4 mile. I get 13.5L per 100km on the hiway. I had a EFI Live on my last truck a 5.3L it made a huge improvement. Any ideas on a chip or a program for this truck.......And I am not going to a (Dodge or Ford lol) My Chevy can stomp them anyways..:)

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need a custom tune, check with black bear performance there are a couple others but i dont remember their names. unless you know someone locally who can do it for you.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were is Black Bear Performance??? A phone # .... We have guys here in FSJ, But I have heard stories.....some good and some not so..

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chev 1500 4wd with a 6.2L 6sp trans and 3:42 rear gears. The truck works very well, But I would like a bit more power. At the drag races here in Fort St John the same truck ran a 14.3 in the 1/4 mile. I get 13.5L per 100km on the hiway. I had a EFI Live on my last truck a 5.3L it made a huge improvement. Any ideas on a chip or a program for this truck.......And I am not going to a (Dodge or Ford lol) My Chevy can stomp them anyways..:)

Black Bear Performance :: Custom Tuning Solutions for 96 and newer GM Vehicles

Or do like I did and learn how to use EFILive yourself...... That said most people can't be bothered or are scared too. There are a lot of decent tuners out there..... just not in Alberta or Northern BC, lol. 14.3 up here probably wasn't anywhere near stock..... I mean yeah the US guys spout off about low 14's out of the box on their below sea level downhill with a tailwind race tracks. More like low 15's stock.......

Last edited:

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy was at the FSJ drag races in July a Caddy with a 6.2L, 6sp trans and a 3:42 diff stock......14.3......I am going to race mine next race in Aug

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, okay, sure.

Post a slip when you run yours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom