2010 assault engine seizure

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just outta curiosity are you running proper fuel octane and fuel map settings? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but to me it seems like you were too cheap to put good gas in your sled and you knocked it to death.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just outta curiosity are you running proper fuel octane and fuel map settings? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but to me it seems like you were too cheap to put good gas in your sled and you knocked it to death.

I dropped an 09 off for a friend at cycleworks as it had been recalled for the topend picked it up after all the recalls done to it 2 kms later pto side done

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2km, it takes longer to warm it up i think the mech did something wrong

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were you riding locally? How long did you hold it wide open? Has it been reclutched?

They are clutched from the factory for 6000-8000 ft elevation. If you only run lower elevation, it should be clutched for what you ride most.

And I was specifically warned not to hold it wide open too long for the first little while on it.

Again I'm not sure if just statin the obvious or anything, just saying it in case It may have been overlooked lol

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And as previously mentioned, it's also very possible the mechanic messed up, it wouldn't be the first time that a mechanic didn't fix something right lol

Top Bottom