2010 assault engine seizure

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
Just found out today that I have blown the top end in my 2010 assault, not impressed. I took it out yesterday for a ride to make sure everything was running fine after having its first service, rode approx. 10-20Miles and the thing crapped out. I restarted it and was heading home slowly when the it started to cough real hard and lose most of its power......found out today after dropping it back off at dealer that the pistons and cylinders were pooped like wolverine got at them......NOT IMPRESSED POLARIS.....275miles and toast......well get it back friday with new top end and hope it lasts....when it works amazing machine........

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome to the club,400miles on my 09 and needed a complete shortblock

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out today that I have blown the top end in my 2010 assault, not impressed. I took it out yesterday for a ride to make sure everything was running fine after having its first service, rode approx. 10-20Miles and the thing crapped out. I restarted it and was heading home slowly when the it started to cough real hard and lose most of its power......found out today after dropping it back off at dealer that the pistons and cylinders were pooped like wolverine got at them......NOT IMPRESSED POLARIS.....275miles and toast......well get it back friday with new top end and hope it lasts....when it works amazing machine........

That bites Danny! How long till they have it up and running?

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The last thing I wanted to hear, was hoping that they had it figured out... but thanks for the post!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last thing I wanted to hear, was hoping that they had it figured out... but thanks for the post!

w/e i have 3000+ on my 08 700, a guy just asked me if i had any trouble? im like nope none other than a ves bellow, he grenaded his 08 700 at 900 miles last year.

loffelbein88

Reaction score
Ha polaris.been there done that.Had nothing but problems.switched to CAT M8 2009.Rode the bag of it as soon as i got it,1300 miles and not a hiccup.Will never own another polaris again.They cant build good motors. :ThumbsupMsn:

t-bomb

Reaction score
Not good news I just got one of those my self only have 50 miles on it. Seem to run good had a little back fire starting it a few times.

If it's makes you feel better I saw a 2010 M8 pop after 4 miles (ya 4) and a 2010 Cat HCR pop after 50 kms.

Let us know what the problem was. I wonder if it had the 2 ring pistons and other updates. It should. You would think they would get it right after recalling all those motors ang extending the warrenty

t-bomb

Reaction score
How did you break it in? did you mix first tank with oil? what did you run for your first tank of oil gold or blue?

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha polaris.been there done that.Had nothing but problems.switched to CAT M8 2009.Rode the bag of it as soon as i got it,1300 miles and not a hiccup.Will never own another polaris again.They cant build good motors. :ThumbsupMsn:

Hey young fella i got a rope with Cat all over it.LOL
ill let you guess who's giving you a rough time, see you in Smoky, or maybe we go riding in the big hills some times, we might have to convince your Pop to go.:beer:

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through two motors last year on my 2009 Assault. They put a shortblock in before I parked it for the year. I had the recall done before I pulled the rope this year. I have 60 miles on my rebuilt/recalled motor this year, but these were put on in the mountains. The only time the engine grenaded was when I was at home. I have read several articles on these issues over the past two years. One article I read this year caught my eye but I was about the oil Polaris is coming out with. The injection oil Polaris was using was the synthetic GOLD, this year they have come out with synthetic PLUS. The article stated that this new oil reduced recoil pull by 64%. When I picked up oil for the mountains my dealer said I should be using the new stuff. Just thought I would let us Polaris guys know...:beer::cool:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I was worried about for this year... Hence I'm on an M8 and happy I made the switch. So far so good :)

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear...I'm not a Polaris guy but hate to see anyone spend hard earned cash and get stuck with a grenade...Hopefully this is an isolated incident after there 800 issues last yr I was hoping for the sake of all the Polaris owners that there fix would cure the problem.

loffelbein88

Reaction score
HA polaris.been there done that.tired of warranty work and never riding it.CAT all the way.best sled EVER.doo riders and polaris riders always talk bout these recalls they have.dont know what they mean.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HA polaris.been there done that.tired of warranty work and never riding it.CAT all the way.best sled EVER.doo riders and polaris riders always talk bout these recalls they have.dont know what they mean.

yah but your diamond drives suck......knew a guy blew his 4 times last year.....

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha polaris.been there done that.tired of warranty work and never riding it.cat all the way.best sled ever.doo riders and polaris riders always talk bout these recalls they have.dont know what they mean.

yahh---------ok!!!!! " wtf"

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Uhhh....OK..... we get it that you don't like Polaris anymore. Your posts on this are very informative and enlightening for all of us and we will all make the crossover to your brand. Who would have ever thought that it would be so simple? Thank you so much for showing us the way!

Top Bottom