2010 800r beat by 02 700??

fbraz088

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of Engine Tech? I run one of their small 1160s. I know their F9 kit has the record for fastest sled under 1000cc 8.7@151mph in the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a 900.

would like pics of your sled. you always seem to talk ch!t around here and don't back it up. if there's one think i learned in the east it's drag racing and radar running.

if your running 96mph on snow in 660ft you got an average sled for open mod, so you must have tons of pics

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would like pics of your sled. you always seem to talk ch!t around here and don't back it up. if there's one think i learned in the east it's drag racing and radar running.

if your running 96mph on snow in 660ft you got an average sled for open mod, so you must have tons of pics

This is a mountain sled running a 156x16x2.5 track. Trust me if I wanted to I could make it alot faster in 660ft.

lmg225

Reaction score
'02 700 summits sure haul ass....I was stunned that a sled with 30 less hp and 50+ lbs heavier could hang it on mine like that. I could holeshot him easily by 3-4 sled lengths but he'd reel me in when mine hit that 60mph wall. this is in loose snow, anything more than 6 inches or so.

was helping a friend dial in his 2010 sno pro this weekend on a 1000' drag track we groomed in my field a few weeks back, had it running pretty decent times in 660' so decided to line the summit up with him for chits and giggles. smoked his azz, my best 660' was 7.74 secs @ 88mph. his best was 8.22 @ 83mph. summits are fast....:d

2010 M8 sno pro, if u did than they guy needs to learn how to ride, i eat my buddies 800R summit every time, hard pack even in 8inchs of fresh he can't come close. Not picking a fight here but the new cats are pushing 163hp and the summit might be pushing 150 at best stock.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2010 M8 sno pro, if u did than they guy needs to learn how to ride, i eat my buddies 800R summit every time, hard pack even in 8inchs of fresh he can't come close. Not picking a fight here but the new cats are pushing 163hp and the summit might be pushing 150 at best stock.

LOL
:eek:

fbraz088

Reaction score
and that track will make it haul auss in 660ft?

the top guys are running 136 with like half inch lugs and 1.5 inch studs and chisels.... theyre running 105mph max, and by no way can they even drive the think out of the races as most of these are riding on 2 inch shocks with motors that have no cooling system installed.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that speedo mph? I can only hit 96 radar mph on my wedge in 660 ft with mountain set up. I think that equates to 115 speedo mph.
lol....gps speed...not dream-o-meter speed....

were you driving by the radar with your wedgie in the box of your truck?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2010 factory Cat sno pro 600 race sled. and the '10 M8 sno pro ain't all that, been riding with one all season....it can barely hang with my 146 in the deep, and in short drags they are side by side. tell your buddy to get a clutch kit for his 800r.....or not if you want to stay in front.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
longhair why dont you come to fernie on mar 6 and lets see the old wedge perform. $2000 up for grabs. mabey someone would actually take your talk serious. see you there if you got the balls.

Yeah right - we all know he won't be there. Why do you guys bother?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that speedo mph? I can only hit 96 radar mph on my wedge in 660 ft with mountain set up. I think that equates to 115 speedo mph.

96 mph - LMFAO!!!!! :rolleyes: The only way that sled would hit 96 mph in 660 ft would be if you drove it off a cliff.

LOL - that's the funniest thing I read on this site so far.

fbraz088

Reaction score
just curious LHF, why you never posted pics of your mod wedge on the site. you sent them to me via email, did a quick search and you havent posted it anywhere...

so here you go, anybody know who's sled this is or seen it out on the hills?? lol

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious LHF, why you never posted pics of your mod wedge on the site. you sent them to me via email, did a quick search and you havent posted it anywhere...

so here you go, anybody know who's sled this is or seen it out on the hills?? lol

Why would I do that. Way to many idiots on here think the new stuff is the chit.

fbraz088

Reaction score
lol i'm sure if you wouldn't be an a-hole all the time, people would appreciate that sled for what it is. if it is indeed yours, it looks good and seems that alot of hard work went into it. If you post that wedge saying it's the best thing since sliced bread obviously the response wont be positive.

alot of the guys here don't like to wrench and a new sled every 2-3 years is good for them as they have a warranty that covers them in case of a mishap.

also if the wedge and the zx were such good chassis, manufacturers wouldnt of strayed so far from them in the following generations. some were great in their time and some when modded can compete with the new iron for sure

Top Bottom