2009 Summit XP's Issues

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has had any issues with there new sleds? The sag issue in the rear has been a big one. Aside from changing the whole suspension what have you done? I just had my rear shock tested and it was at 30psi from the factor. Are you also going to heavier springs? Also anyone noticing the clutch is running extremely hot on these machines?..No real ventilation allowing for air flow to cool the clutch...And the foam filters for the air intakes do not appear to be the best set up either...foam moves and shifts rather easily when in deep powder and rolling your sled allowing for snow and moisture...best to just get the 08 intake???

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sag has nothing to do with shock PSI... that is only to keep the oil from boiling. higher pressure raises boiling point of most liquids. sag is your springs but you should still see around 3-4 inches of sag with you on the sled. i only run my rear springs on number 3, but have the front skid spring cranked up to make the skis light.
only problem ive had with mine is not being able to pull enough RPM at altitude and some icing in the airbox. apparently BRP has a fix for the foam pushing back, and my clutch is being remedied as we speak! otherwise a great sled. kicks ass all day long against any other stocker

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was just stating that my shock had really low psi...I have order stronger springs, but was wondering if anyone has put them in and noticed the difference pr if its worth it. With the clutch are you putting in a screen kit? As my friend and I made some mods to the inside guard to allow for more air flow and removed all the foam.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had my shocks freeze solid on my163 but then found out that there was no gas in them at all i also run my springs on #3 and it seems to be a decent ride.The brp dealers here have told me that the sag is normal in the mountain sleds so the track can level out easier when climbing to keep a better contact patch on the snow.kinda sucks for trail riding but its a deep snow machine not a trail master like the MXZ.also have the nylon sock on my air box foam and so far works good,i find if i pop the hood off and push the foam in tight it stays put even in deep powder.

blair155

Reaction score
Overall I am darn happy with my 09 xp.. however the piece threaded onto the secondary clutch that allows for easy belt removal and belt ride height adjustment keeps flying off... I contacted my dealer and apparently I have to wait untill february for a new one(mine is quite damaged now and apparently so are many other ppls)... Im thinking I can drive without it for awhile the belt may just wear a little weird considering the belt rides high without it..BRP said to use lock tight if this happens to you

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put an 08 intake screen on mine and also run an SLP intake kit. No problems in powder. If you weigh more than 170 lbs, you'll need heavier rear springs.

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
I put the fat boy springs on and like them. I weigh 225 lbs in the buff. Also found my rear arm cross shaft needed greased, it was rusted.

Top Bottom