2009 ski doo xp cheap upgrades?

Ianhcr800

Reaction score
Just picked up a 09 ski doo xp 800 490 miles. Got a great deal on it. Just switched over from a m800 :rolleyes: Just wondering what some good mods are. It has a can, cold air intake, and skid plate. Any cheaper upgrades you could do? Thinking of a two wheel kit. And another question I know the Xps sit low how can I adjust it to jack the back end up on it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 774

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For around 670 you can get the s36 front end to be narrow like the 2011+ for 370 you can get the T motion skid like the 2013's and for 875 you can add the 2.5" flex edge track like the 2013. Your machine will handle just like the newer sleds with the older power plant.

Then you can get into big bore kits clutching pipes

Nitro800

Reaction score
Another good one is the rear suspension upgrade from xtreme airvents. Makes the 09 skid like the 10's and 11's. Big difference in handling and like 300 bucks. Works well.

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first thing I would do is put on a good clutch kit, some re gearing, and get the carbs re jetted proper. Than start with the other stuff fix the suspension too your liking, get rid of the stock skis ( they suck), change the track. Those are pretty much the first thing I do to those xp of the early years.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also recommend the s-36 kit.

Also the 2.5" track is a good upgrade. Find one for 500, sell your old one for 250 and it's worth every penny.

t-motion, even without the flex edge track it is a big improvement.

post forward mod,

You might hate the way it handles if you jack up the rear. I would just leave it and live with it.

People say to swap the left skis to the right, and vise versa.

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
1-Track has to go.....worst track ever put on any machine 2- s36 kit will improve the handling tremendously. Add some D2 skis and a post forward kit and you will have a new machine. Then you drop in a Trygstad 872 and your laughing !!!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No point in spending money on the engine mods until you get the rave valves to function properly. And you may as well ditch the stock thermostat while your at it. Please feel free to call me at the shop 780 986 6370

Thank you

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 3 one way check valves off the cases will give you problems, they dont open fully from factory they dont close fully from factory, basically nothing but problems from factory. We do a rave valve mod converting them into cylinder pressure operated valves the way they should be improves the over all performance of the sled most noticeable in the bottom end and mid range. No new parts required just the removal of some old ones and time. Call me at the shop if you like 780 986 6370

Thank you

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Top Bottom