2009 rmk 700 155 or 2008 Dragon 700 163???

eforwell

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks for reading. I need some help on deciding on the two noted sleds. 2009 700 RMK 155 track with about 600 miles, mint shape has risers and scratchers otherwise stock. The Dragon is an 08 700 with 163 track almost brand new. Both within a couple hundred miles and a couple hundred dollars. I am new to the really long tracks, previously had a Ski Doo 144 track and loved to carve and play around in the powder, not much for straight hill climbs.

I guess I think both are good sleds, both will be good buys and worth about the same. I am just wondering if anyone knows of any flaws on the models I should be aware of or if the 163 track is too long and the 155 is a better choice?

Any input would be appreciated.
E

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go for the 2009. One year newer model and sounds like you don't need the 163.

BlueDemon

Reaction score
I got myself a 2010 rmk 700 155 and I couldn't be happier. It's only a few hp shy of it's 800 brothers and everything I've heard says the 700 is a rock solid engine. One good season and so far the only thing I've had to fix was my bumper . I'm typically riding next to an 800 assault, turbo nytro, and a few xp 800's and I have no issues going everywhere they go. I cut out the sway bar early on and it made that machine unbelievably maneuverable. I think the 155 track does a great job climbing and anything longer would just be a pain in the a## in the tighter terrain.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya defiantly go with the 09. It's newer and the 155 track is the perfect length for everything little bit of hillclimbing,boondocking, tree riding, you name it, it does it all. The only difference between the RMK and DRAGON is suspension, control positions,graphics. I think. Our group all runs 800's except for one guy on a 700 dragon, he goes everywhere we go. If it weren't for the stickers that say "700" you'd never know, he makes that thing talk!!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got myself a 2010 rmk 700 155 and I couldn't be happier. It's only a few hp shy of it's 800 brothers and everything I've heard says the 700 is a rock solid engine. One good season and so far the only thing I've had to fix was my bumper . I'm typically riding next to an 800 assault, turbo nytro, and a few xp 800's and I have no issues going everywhere they go. I cut out the sway bar early on and it made that machine unbelievably maneuverable. I think the 155 track does a great job climbing and anything longer would just be a pain in the a## in the tighter terrain.
do many people cut the sway bar out?

BlueDemon

Reaction score
do many people cut the sway bar out?

Not too sure if a lot of guys do it. I ride with another fella who did the same and is also happy with it.
I was a little hesitant to do it since it was pretty much permanent. (no way I can tell to pull it out intact) Just took the grinder to it and hoped for the best!

On the first ride (stock) I had to damn near throw myself off the sled to lay it over. In powder it was ok but as soon as there was anything solid under the skis it rode like a pickup truck. Difficult sidehilling and when there were narrow bumps on the in/out trails the sled would get bounced sideways a lot.

Taking it out made a huuuge difference. Enough that I had to tighten up the front coils a bit because it was so soft. They were actually set a hair tighter than their loosest setting at that time. Just enough that they weren't rattling around. That bar is stronger than it looks, and I think it pretty much eliminates any independent function on the front suspension. Having said that... I'm not a hugely aggressive rider. I take my share of jumps, drops, and fairly hard landings...(there's knee prints in my vent panels) but certainly nothing in the Slednex style.

Now it just takes an easy pull to lean into any turn and it glides over rough trail with way less impact on me. I'm about 240lb plus gear and I haven't had any issues with the suspension bottoming out. I mostly play in the trees and carve around in the powder so for me having that bar gone is absolutely the way to go.
That's just me though. Someone with different riding style may say different.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the 09 155 track. I have the 08 700 155 and thing runs like a 800. The bigger track it can turn but its the tosing around and movment is lost with the length. Im climb lots of hills and in the trees in i play!

Top Bottom