2009 Polaris Assault Recall

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bolts on the rear suspension can break causing the rail tip to become dislodged and interfere with the snowmobile’s track. This can cause the track to lock up and the rider to lose control of the snowmobile, posing a risk of injury.
Link

Reaction score
Bolts on the rear suspension can break causing the rail tip to become dislodged and interfere with the snowmobile’s track. This can cause the track to lock up and the rider to lose control of the snowmobile, posing a risk of injury.
Link

Good info here, while we are here. How do you like the Assault? I am in love with the Dragon RMK. Spent a lot of time on a 700 and 800. How much handling is lost on the Assault. I would really like to get one but I am a boondocker (and love jumping as well).

snwrdr4life

Reaction score
Mike has an 800 RMK, he has another thread here I was looking through where he did some powder coating.

Do what I did, get a harder compound bolt, #8 are my favs, and replace them in your suspension. I have bent the bolts in my suspension before and they are a bugger to get out. Cheap insurance.

Lane, it depends what length RMK you bought as to how much you will like the assualt. For the cost dif., you are better off buying a better shock for your current RMK if it is IQ chassis, you will have a more rounded sled than an assualt, jmo

Reaction score
I currently don't have a Polaris. I am looking at getting one. I am on a 2005 Summit-X 144". I love the length currently.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, I have the 800 RMK. I haven’t driven the Assault, but what I have heard is that it’s a great sled if you use it for what it was designed for. The assault is not an all purpose sled, and isn’t for everyone. If you’re into serious back country jumps and drops, this sled is for you. Otherwise pick up a Dragon or RMK if you want a 144, and do some tweaking.:twocents:

snwrdr4life

Reaction score
Check out the shift series from Polaris, will save you some money off the top, can buy the better shocks with the saved money, and I think you get the 144" in that lineup, gives you better track options than the assault too.

Top Bottom