2009 Otty 800R XT.. Fan Question

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my question.. Is a 2009 suppose to run fan with engine off and key on if the temp is still above temp sensor? As my wife's 2011 650 fan will run with engine off and key on. I called dealer and they said some 2009 do and some don't ..uhhhh... Really is that correct. Or is mine in need of repair.. Also my fan does run when engine is running.

If u have any suggestion or upgrades any help is great as it is nice to stop and leave key on with fan running to cool.

Thanks

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say it should. My 1000xt does and all the Hondas I had before this did

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 650 does my 800 didn't. I installed a switch so I can control it now. Also installed a 2 into 1 relay so the computer can still run it or the switch. I leave the fan on all the time anyway

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 07 would run the fan with the engine off but key on...the newer ones would not. My 12 will run the fan with engine off and key off....

I believe there is a BUDS update that changes the fan operation...but I can't tell you which way it makes it. Call your dealer.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 07 would run the fan with the engine off but key on...the newer ones would not. My 12 will run the fan with engine off and key off....

I believe there is a BUDS update that changes the fan operation...but I can't tell you which way it makes it. Call your dealer.

Dave.. What is the BUDS update..

Schaber

dasboot

Reaction score
Put an override switch in mine............. can be shutoff playing in the water and you can turn it on for cooldowns etc. Works great!!!

Top Bottom