2009 Nytro MTX track????????

meridian

Reaction score
I am picking up a 2009 Nytro MTX 153 in a few weeks, the track needs to be replaced. I have heard that stock tracks werent very good but seems their isnt many options to upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions ? Polaris PRO swap? 163 rail,track,swap ?

most riding will be in north eastern alberta with 2 trips to golden area this year

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a camoplast extreme under it, you wont be disappointed and if you want to stretch it out to 162" Chris Brown is selling complete Nytro skids cheap, his add was in the classifieds.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am picking up a 2009 Nytro MTX 153 in a few weeks, the track needs to be replaced. I have heard that stock tracks werent very good but seems their isnt many options to upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions ? Polaris PRO swap? 163 rail,track,swap ?

most riding will be in north eastern alberta with 2 trips to golden area this year

Drop in a Camo Extreme 15 x 156 x 2.5" in a 3 pitch if you don't want to stretch it out to 162!

meridian

Reaction score
Drop in a Camo Extreme 15 x 156 x 2.5" in a 3 pitch if you don't want to stretch it out to 162!

Seems like there are a lot of 2010-2013 162 takeoff skids available. Will these bolt up my 2009 MTX ?

Any other issues i should look for or be aware of?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have an ezryde skid and a 156" camoplast extreme track for sale out of a nytro.

John Cambell

Reaction score
I took my stock off last year and went with a camo challenger, and the difference was amazing. The stock maverick with tends to dig down at a stand still, and will get you stuck in powder, but the challenger will actually pull it up on the snow first, and then power out. ........ I did notice the maverick was a better track for trails, going fast on straight stretches, which is why the probally put that track on,..... the challenger will vibrate more on a groomed straight pad at 100km plus, but that's not really my style riding anyway.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't do a ton of mountains the 2.25 powerclaw is a great track for the nytro. On hard pack it will fling enough snow to cool the exchanger and sliders. Challenger extreme will be terrible in prairie conditions and cause slider wear and poor traction on frozen trails. the power claw 2.25 is a dime a dozen as a used track and could be found cheap. I ran one for 8000 km on my ditch sled and only a few times had trouble on frozen trails. The little fingers fling just enough snow

Top Bottom