2009 Grizzly 700 vs. 2010 Sportsman 850xp

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the discussion guys. I think i decided to go with the grizzly. I keep hearing over and over again from forums and people alike, the reliabliltiy on the popo isnt there. And I found a better deal on a grizz then originally stated. Now time to decide on wheels and rubber and I'll be set. Happy riding boys.

Andys

Reaction score
I think you will be happy with your decision. The Grizzly has a proven engine and has had power steering out the longest.
They are not the fastest, best handling, or the most powerfull but are a well rounded machine.
I have had 3 Grizzly's, Hondas Brutes and Polaris machines and my next will be a Can Am for their power to weight and handling advantages. But you need to get the machine that fits your needs the best.
Good luck with your Grizzly!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do agree Yamaha needs to step up and make the grizz a 900,,i have heard rumors but ,,i will believe it when i see it

Manufactures always got a trick up their sleeves. Polaris is upping the HP on the 850 but a little amount, just with timing and computer mapping.

I wouldn't doubt Yamaha, along with every other manufacture has a compleatly new machine ready to be revealed once the market is there to gobble it up. Polaris stated the 850XP was a few years in the making.

If Yamaha released a 900 twin, I think the market would be there right now, but I'd imagine they are waiting for the grizz to fall a little more behind all the other machines, and let the body style wear out more (It was released in '07 so its still pretty fresh, compaired to honda's most recent change in '03)

Top Bottom