2009 Ford F350 lift good/bad ?????

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone/anyone I am looking at purchasing a 2009 Ford F350 with a 6 inch lift, not sure yet what kind of lift either or whether it makes a difference on the kind. Anyway any input would be helpfull, on brands, the good, the bad, what to watch for, how long before front end parts start to go, ect. I do not want to have to be replacing the front end parts every 30,000 km. So ????

Thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friend has a f350 with 8" of lift and hasnt had any front end problems. or breaking parts or anything really for that mattter. truck has 140km onit now and has been lifted since new. superlift? cant really remember. he is needing a new steering gear box or pump not really sure yet. but not bad 140km and running 37" tires since new.

oh. and he beats this thing to death LOL. transmission is done now. but like i said he is harder on it than the average joe....poor truck.

even with the lift it still gets hung up :D:D

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a 08 f350 with a 6" procomp stage 2 running 20's on 35's. rides decent its has 90 000 km on it currently nothings loose or broken. as for brands to go with. fabtech is generally the best you can buy.

my advise is dont cheap out, a friend of mine has a duramax with a stage 1 pro comp lift and its literally falling apart --> and i drive my truck harder. OH! and dont run 37's they eat ford trannys if you stick with 35's you can go forever.

Nadz

Reaction score
I own a 08 f350 with a 6" procomp stage 2 running 20's on 35's. rides decent its has 90 000 km on it currently nothings loose or broken. as for brands to go with. fabtech is generally the best you can buy.

my advise is dont cheap out, a friend of mine has a duramax with a stage 1 pro comp lift and its literally falling apart --> and i drive my truck harder. OH! and dont run 37's they eat ford trannys if you stick with 35's you can go forever.
I've got an 09 F-350 20" wheels with 35's no lift. I thought that I needed at least a 3" lift to put on the 35's cause everyone told me that. I still might install a 4" bolt on kit, not sure yet. I've been running this for 15000k now and I have "0" problems. All I had to do is tuck in my flaps with a small "L" bracket. If you are buying any Ford diesel 08 & up, get rid of the fu*kin exhaust filter. I just went through some major problems with mine plugging up and Ford will not warranty it. I could go on & on about this one!! I highly recommend that you get a "Delete Kit". It is a hell of allot cheaper and your truck will love you for it. Fuel mileage is a big one. That kit sure helps the fuel consumption on those pigs. My 09 was the worst vehicle I've ever had for fuel mileage. Very very bad. 4mi/gal toeing, 8mi/gal empty. If you play your cards right, the kit will not void your warranty!! Dealers themselves will tell you that it is better for the truck and for you. Let me know how you make out. Len

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy here at work has a 6" lift in his '08 and he said it rides like crap, he was considering trading it for a stocker. Not sure on brand or whatever.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 8 inch Rize lift and I would trade someone for a stock truck. It was great for year or two, now I have replaced tranny,head gaskets,tires that are 650 each,heim joints all need to be replaced at 170 bucks each. What else, pulling any kind of fith wheel trailer is impossible, steering box is shot hard on brakes the list goes on and on.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Lifted trucks are great !!! I love them I have had everything from a 2" lift to a 6" lift, some on single wheel trucks and some on dual wheel trucks, I have had different brands every time. Love the looks and some brands of lifts I found to ride real good (Fab tech) and some road like chit (pro comp - single shock, Double shock seems to ride better). Anyway the point of my little rant is lifted trucks look great, and seem to last BUT they become a pain in the ass if you actually use them as a truck, everytime you need to get something out of the box you get dirty, wait you want to pull a fifth wheel trailer lets go get the axles flipped, want to go to Edmonton or Calgary, lets park 8 miles away from anything and walk, lets go quading well man I hope your balls are big or you have a ditch to back into because you can not by quad ramps long enough to drive comfortably into the back of a truck. Anyway They are great I love them, but a huge pain in the ass If I was going to be getting a new 350 I would put a nice set of 20" rims and tires but keep it stock height. Just my .02

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you gotta love lift kits on any ford. its like sprinkles on a cookie, just makes it that much better. couple things though. i myself wouldnt go over a 6" lift if you plan to use the truck for normal stuff like hauling, a daily driver and whatnot. i find more bump smoothing ability with 16" rims than with 20's, and i think it just looks better. do your research, shop around for the best price for the best quality. you will find all sorts of different prices for the same lift by goin down the street. make sure you know that the place that did the lift has a good reputation for quality work on everything they have done, cause the last thing you need is someone who didnt tighten your u bolts to spec..... and as for loading, unloading toys, i have a 4" lift and have no problem, and my buddies use my ramps on their trucks with 6" lifts and its still just as easy, you just need the 7ft ramps :d

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my advise is dont cheap out, a friend of mine has a duramax with a stage 1 pro comp lift and its literally falling apart --> and i drive my truck harder. .

well thats simply because its a chev. they have a shitty front end to begin with. dont forget that ford still has one of the strongest front ends in the biz :beer:

Top Bottom