2009 Dragon`s DEAD

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two dead dragons, one motor on Friday& one driver assembly Saturday. Driver went kybaush once we got done in the saddle. 10 Guys to pretty much yank the B!tch up the hill. JUNK /TRASH... Rensahw getting tracked up but still some untaouch snow. In summary buy a DOO..

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your luck.....I'm going to McBride on friday.....will I be getting towed out......we'll see. I've had nothing but problems with mine since I got it. They reflashed it and sealed up all the snow injestion points. Good luck. Polaris will cover it because this is a big problem right now, your dealer may or may not know what's going on, the reps are pretty tight lipped, no one what's to admit there's a problem. I totally feel for you, a brand new machine and problems right from the get go. NOT GOOD!!!!!:nono::nono::beer::beer:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will find out on Tuesday. Done for the weekend.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry about your bad luck, my buddy has the same sled i hope this doesn't happen to his!:d:d:beer:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hay there i know of 1 09 dragon died after 200 miles and then my cuz's 08 died 2 both times under 200 miles

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two dead dragons, one motor on Friday& one driver assembly Saturday. Driver went kybaush once we got done in the saddle. 10 Guys to pretty much yank the B!tch up the hill. JUNK /TRASH... Rensahw getting tracked up but still some untaouch snow. In summary buy a DOO..

Did the blown motor have the 01-26-09 update?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if last update was done did dealer check topend?damage would have been done allready,just a matter of time.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those where two of my buddies sleds, Both guys are mid 50 & over so they werent working them hard by any means. I know it didnt have the update because it was just in the shop two days before we went, I also got a 08 polaris mine ran good no problems. Also any of you know about the fuel from Husky or Mohawk in Mcbride I cant remember which one it is, but does it have any ethanol in it.

xxx

Reaction score
Those where two of my buddies sleds, Both guys are mid 50 & over so they werent working them hard by any means. I know it didnt have the update because it was just in the shop two days before we went, I also got a 08 polaris mine ran good no problems. Also any of you know about the fuel from Husky or Mohawk in Mcbride I cant remember which one it is, but does it have any ethanol in it.

MOHAWK is the place you need to watch out for

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The dealer was nice enough to get me an ethanol tester. The only one he could find was one from Briggs and Straton. It's a glass test tube that you put water and gas in, shake it, and because ethanol is attracted to the water it breaks out and your water level rises in the test tube and that gives you the percentage of ethanol in your gas. At home Shell and Fas Gas don't have any ethanol in it, Husky has 10% ethanol in it. I try to always use Shell Premium, but the tester will definitely be handy in the mountains to make sure a guy is getting the right fuel. Ask your dealers about the tester... they should be able to find you one. Hope this helps.....:d:beer::beer:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so far clutch had to be shimed,motor blew 569 miles,now speedo quit,found out drive shaft is hooped only 3 balls left in bearing,shaft is scored wounder what is next????????????????

Last edited:

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so far clutch had to be shimed,motor blew 769 miles,now speedo quit,found out drive shaft is hooped only 3 balls left in bearing,shaft is scored wounder what is next????????????????

Wow Timbo not good....... selly ?...... do you ride alot around home..... or just straight mountains..... just curious to what elevations yoy ride...

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to snowest and hcs, there are tons of blown 800s. Its a damn shame polaris really didnt need this

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so far clutch had to be shimed,motor blew 769 miles,now speedo quit,found out drive shaft is hooped only 3 balls left in bearing,shaft is scored wounder what is next????????????????

I hear ya Timbo.....New sleds and we are having problems like this. Watch your exhaust pipe, mine came apart. They got me it under warranty. I know what you mean...what's going to happen next?!?! A person shouldn't have to have these worries with a new sled. I'm going to McBride today.....if I have any problems this weekend....lookout Polaris. The thing is what's the proper way of getting your money out of something that is nothing but a pain the butt.......it SICKENS me!!!!!:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::rant:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Timbo not good....... selly ?...... do you ride alot around home..... or just straight mountains..... just curious to what elevations yoy ride...
400 miles in mountains 5-7000 ft.the rest at home breaking in 2 new motors.
not sure i want to take back to mountains(but i will):realmad:!!!!!!!

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Buddy of mine has 2- 2009 Polaris shift RMK's.... One is a 600 and the other an 800. 800 is having engine re-built for snow ingestion....600 has wicked bogs throughout the rpm range....He is pissed....Last I heard he was going to cycle works to ream someone out over the 600.....It was in for a couple of re-flashes and they said it was running perfect. He was over today and same old bog problems....I have not heard anything yet and expect a call from the Edmonton Police service anytime.....:p

Top Bottom