2009 D-max lift kit

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys just want to know that if i put a 4 or a 6 inch lift in my d-max can i run my stock rims,and what would be the best lift for my truck thanks..

mxracer328

Reaction score
you can run stock rims if you dont go past a 33" tire, once you go bigger you need more offset to stop from fubbing, i have a 6" tuff country in mine, works good, still keep my warranty

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a 4" ranhco in mine, but did aftermarket 18" rims and 33" tires.. put mudflaps on and i rub in the front, so i need to find some kickbacks.

Last edited:

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all depends on the lift. I have a 6" BDS lift and cannot use stock rims as they have to much backspace and hit the new spindles. cant even bolt stock rims on.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all depends on the lift. I have a 6" BDS lift and cannot use stock rims as they have to much backspace and hit the new spindles. cant even bolt stock rims on.

yeah thats the lift that the dealer is going to install for me, is the bds a good lift did u have any trouble with it??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I can offer up a good opinion on the chevy I recommend BDS cause of the warranty it is awesome warranty! I would put a nice 4'' rancho lift they look awesome fit great last a long time! Alot of guys now are going with 4'' lifts compared to 6'' lifts because of the stress and strain that can be caused by over tightening the torsion bars! Guys now are putting in 12'' lifts but leaving the torsion keys out so there front ends sit a true 10'' without having to crank the torsion keys but still get that mean cheavy rake look! Either way a 4'' rancho or 6'' bds is gonna be your best choice and you can get away with stock rims on both kits just need a bit smaller tire!

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I can offer up a good opinion on the chevy I recommend BDS cause of the warranty it is awesome warranty! I would put a nice 4'' rancho lift they look awesome fit great last a long time! Alot of guys now are going with 4'' lifts compared to 6'' lifts because of the stress and strain that can be caused by over tightening the torsion bars! Guys now are putting in 12'' lifts but leaving the torsion keys out so there front ends sit a true 10'' without having to crank the torsion keys but still get that mean cheavy rake look! Either way a 4'' rancho or 6'' bds is gonna be your best choice and you can get away with stock rims on both kits just need a bit smaller tire!

Bds makes a 4.5 but its really a 5.5 thats what the dealer told me today, i well go with that one i think, what size of tire can i go with if i run this kit could i run like a 33 or 34?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes yes I did hear of this kit they also have that nice narrow knuckle kit as well with it good looking kit! I would say 33/12.5/ for the best fitting tire if you are keeping the stock rims on

mxracer328

Reaction score
i put a 4" ranhco in mine, but did aftermarket 18" rims and 33" tires.. put mudflaps on and i rub in the front, so i need to find some kickbacks.

what mudflaps are you running, i need to pick some up for mine but hard to find ones that look good.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my BDS lift. But I will say again, you CAN NOT use the stock rims with the BDS 6" lift, I've heard you may be able to with the newer 7" non torsion drop but I'm not sure. They also say you can use a 4.5" backspaced wheel with the 6" and 35" tires. This is true if you only go straight, I had 18X9.5 rims with 4.5" backspace and 35" toyos and the torsion bars maxed out with a lot of fender trimmed and had major rubbing when turning. Ended up going to a 18X9 with 5.5" backspace and even lowered the t-bars to make a nicer ride and have no issues now.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's a few pics of the truck with the 6" bds. The first 3 are the old wheels that I had to get rid of, the last is with the new wheels (only pic I have on this computer)

Attachments

• IMG_0728.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0737.JPG
    IMG_0737.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 138

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what mudflaps are you running, i need to pick some up for mine but hard to find ones that look good.

ah i'm pretty sure there 'precision' mudflaps. I was given one set so I just bought a second to match. But like I said im rubbing in the front so i'm going to be looking for something different! What is everyone else running with there lifts ?? Even with the flaps i chewed the chit out of my rocker panels runnin back and forth to bc this year :( and i'm not even running a 12.5 wide! i put 33 x 10.5 so they dont even stick out lots, but it sure makes a big difference in ride!

Top Bottom