2009 check engine light.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
When I hit 6000rpm I get the check engine light coming on. 4 beeps then it goes away when I throttle down, it goes away. I can go over 6000 with out it coming on. I drove in the untracked snow and would hit 5800 and it would come on. I was driving the sled locally. I did set my clutch to 1. I am running dynamo joes clutch kit. Any thoughts would help.

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 08 last month. Exactly. Martin MS found a broken wire that goes to the Rave valve. Hard to spot because it still had the coating on it but was holding on by 1 strand of wire. About 2'' from the connects to the rave valve it was broken. Maybe try a continuity test test on both wires. Good luck.

T-REXX

Reaction score
IMG_2402.jpg
Thanks for the post. A friend told me to check it out, which I did and found the same problem with my 09 XP. Fixed the wire, test drive above 6000 RPM, no more engine light or beeping noise. I've had my sled in 2 shops to correct it and they couldn't find anything. Posts like these are very helpful to both beginner and experienced sledders. Thanks again.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually looks like someone had backprobed the wire with a tester sometime and do you have a oil leak somewhere? looking pretty wet

Top Bottom