2009 can am 650 issues

speenz21

Reaction score
Hey fellas

i have a 2009 can am 650 went for a ride on the weekend down a trail. Half way threw the ride bike started to sputter,spit backfire. Had lots of gas. Haas happened before in the past and once i opened up a bit seemed to be better. No over heat light or engine light camp on never went into limp mode. I changed the air filter to a cleanable k&n. this is the second or third time this has happened even with new air filter any suggestion. Bike also seems to be a little hesitant off the line Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks mike.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old fuel with ethanol maybe ? I only run shell or esso premium as they do not have any ethanol ( at least in Alberta )

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your coil, you have two sides to one for each cylinder you might have a crack in it, does it do anything when it gets wet?? also check your plug wires and make sure they are seated properly. Kwik Racing had issues with his 800 and that was one of the things it was. Also make sure your battery and cables are tight, apparently if the battery moves too much it can short agaist the frame and cause issues.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dirt in fuel pump. Guarantee. Lol. Well almost guaranteed
Gen one had issues with fuel pumps including my 2009 800x renny

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick up fuel pressure gauge u need 51 psi constant just got back from rodeo where my 800 didnt feel right so checked fuel pressure and i only have 35ish

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pick up fuel pressure test kit (princess auto) and place just before y in line leading to injectors

Top Bottom