2009 700 rmk

polaris700rmk

Reaction score
Gauges were acting up going On and off while riding. Thought maybe it was voltage regulator. Changed that and realized the valve spring had broke and took out the piston and cylinder. Did a full rebuild in the top end with new Pistons and bearing and a new jug. Go to start it and it ran for a moment and started knocking on the mag side which has the new cylinder. Pulled the plugs and the pto side is steaming like it's running but nothing out the mag side. Checked for spark and both caps have good spark. Any ideas what might be wrong or what I can check.

BlueDemon

Reaction score
You may want to look at your voltage regulator in any case. I'm not positive on the '09's but I know the '10 rmk's have a known issue with the regulators. There was apparently a recall on them. It's possible the 09's have the same unit.

The problem regulators are p/n:4012476. New updated one is p/n:4013587.

Even if it's not your current problem I highly recommend checking your part# on that. I have a '10 RMK700 and the reg melted my ecu before I figured out what was wrong. Same initial problem of gauges and lights going off and on.

Top Bottom