2008 XP Idler wheels????

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were putting on some scratchers on my bro's XP163 today when we used the idler wheel holes as a guide to drill a new hole's on both sides. The idler wheel has two holes to allow adjustment forward or backwards. This is when we noticed that right side was in the front hole and left side was in the back hole. This was the case for both sets of idler wheels. I would think this is wrong, it does not make sense to run wheels hafe cocked. But thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone else has the same problem, or is this the right way????

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were putting on some scratchers on my bro's XP163 today when we used the idler wheel holes as a guide to drill a new hole's on both sides. The idler wheel has two holes to allow adjustment forward or backwards. This is when we noticed that right side was in the front hole and left side was in the back hole. This was the case for both sets of idler wheels. I would think this is wrong, it does not make sense to run wheels hafe cocked. But thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone else has the same problem, or is this the right way????
mine, as well as every other one I've seen is the same. I read something about it being that way to prevent vibration? kinda odd...

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to remember that these sleds are manufactured in Quebec... one side is English and the other side is French. :dunno::argue: I think the right side, with the Idler wheel in the front hole, is the English side?... not sure, check your owners manual.

Top Bottom