2008 summit 800 stabilizer bar needed

67Camaro

Reaction score
I just bought a 08 800 summit. It is missing the stabilizer bar assembly. I need everything. I am located around Brooks and Red Deer a bit. 403-793-4227 Thanks in advance.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 08 800 summit. It is missing the stabilizer bar assembly. I need everything. I am located around Brooks and Red Deer a bit. 403-793-4227 Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't bother. most guys I know run without them.

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would not bother or unless if you are riding trails all day than get it or if you got the 36 front end kit in. But the 08 sway bar is way to stiff, I'd get a newer one.

finndoo

Reaction score
I put 5000 km on my 08, I tried sway bar in and out, different shock settings, changing ski stance and in the end I wound up with the sway bar in for the last 4000 km. Since nobody wants them you should be able to pick one up cheap, and then buy some of the quick disconnects for it so you can disconnect it easily. I found that with the sway bar out it was easier to pull up on its side but that for the rest of the time I did not like the feeling of no sway bar.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would not bother or unless if you are riding trails all day than get it or if you got the 36 front end kit in. But the 08 sway bar is way to stiff, I'd get a newer one.

I am confused... How can the swaybar be too stiff when it's the setting of your shocks that determine the sway bar stiffness.

treeboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the shocks to play a part but the swaybar does have some twisting going on too. The newer ones are suppose to be lighter for this action. This is just what I have been told by a mechanic the other week. It does make sense, my old race car I had I could get stiff bars or lighter for it.

finndoo

Reaction score
I also thought that somewhere around 09 or 10 that skidoo made the sway bar a bit less stiff, so that it would take less effort to twist the bar and allow the sled to lay over a bit easier, but my wife tells me I'm wrong on a regular basis so now I'm not sure.

Top Bottom