2008 Skidoo Primary Clutch Rebuild

tnichols10

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a 2008 Skidoo Summit XP and the time has come to rebuild the clutch. I am considering undertaking the rebuild myself, however I have never rebuilt a clutch before making this my first one. Is rebuilding a clutch difficult? Is it going to be something that I will be able to do in my garage? are there kits available with all the parts needed to a rebuild? Any advice, pointers, or instructions on the subject would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a rebuild kit available from BRP. It pretty easy to do once you see how everything goes. Get yourself a shop manual and you will need to get some clutch tools from BRP like button holders, a clutch holder and a puller. Good luck, take your time and let us know how you make out.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward. Just remember to align the arrows, as the clutch is supposedly balanced . You will be servicing your clutch a lot more if you don't align the arrows every time.
After it's all fixed up, I would recommend that you pull the clutch every 10 days of riding, clean it and inspect it. It will last a lt longer then.

That rebuild kit is ok, but there are a few things that need to be added and a few things that aren't needed. Ask away if you have any questions.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Youtube the videos from Dynamo Joe (DJ clutch kit). He shows a good how to, try search skidoo clutch install, or something along those lines.

Also download the pdf for the shop manual online, I think I paid around $10 for it. Well worth it, try to google it.

Top Bottom