2008 SKI-DOO RENEGADE X Price?

gogettergirl

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Here is a pic of an '08 Gade with an 1 3/4" track and 1457km. It's posted on kijiji for 6800.00 OBO. I am considering buying it but don't know what I should be on the look out for. If any body has tips or suggestions that would be cool.

Thanks

gade o8.jpg

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would first look at the front end for damage. Look at the A arms, E module S module. From standing beside the sled look to see if the skis go out as far a the other. Anything funny in those areas i would steer clear or want to buy for super cheap
Ask about clutching maintenence and cleaning if it has been done.
Check compression if you can.
Hope that helps a bit

gogettergirl

Reaction score
Yes that's easy enough to check and it does help, thanks. Nothing a person can really do to check the engine except a compression test? I was reading some other threads and guys were saying to check the seal on the block behind the primary clutch for grease seeping and also that you may be able to see yellowing on the spark plugs? I'll be taking my hubby with me but he rides an '06 Rev Summit and I had an '07 'Renegade, so we're both short on XP knowledge.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Definately check out the front end. There should be the same amount of room between the shocks and A-arms (lower). Also look at the sway bar links from side to side. They both should be flat or even. Anything not the same means a hit and some out of alignment issues. Also be ready for a possible belt eater as the renegades were earlier builds and BRP did not have the alignment right untill the later Summit X's came out. My cousins 2008 renegade X secondary was about 3 mm too far in and wore belts bad. the only way to correct is a shim kit or to float the secondary by adding a Team secondary with a jackshaft conversion and secondary floating spacer. We did this to my cousins renegade and all the belt issues went away. The shim kit is the cheap fix. Also look at the oil tank as they leaked around the opening and tanks were replaced. It also should have had the drive axle replaced as a factory recall. Get the serial number and have a ski-doo shop run it through the system to see that all the recalls were done. Tail-light wiring, drive axle, and grip heaters were all recalls...... The price is right.

cheers

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading some other threads and guys were saying to check the seal on the block behind the primary clutch for grease seeping

If you're going to pull the clutch to have a look at the bearing. Also have a look at the frame behind the clutch. If the engine module is bent at all the clutch will begin rubbing on the frame there.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're going to pull the clutch to have a look at the bearing. Also have a look at the frame behind the clutch. If the engine module is bent at all the clutch will begin rubbing on the frame there.

You will be able to see if its bent because of the E&S Module, Spider web design.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that a common problem with the XP's? The bent engine module; is that from pounding the sled too hard on trails, etc?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NaaH! It's more about where these sleds typically break! Any good impact will stress the sleds structure it's up to you to look for these things, fix them enjoy the sled again. But ya gotta look closely at it. Start it watch it and ride it if you can!
Just a thought!

Top Bottom