2008 M8 mods bang for buck?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine just bought a M8 2008 model for a song, bone stock with a 100 miles on it, he not a serious sled head but he was wondering what the best mods are because like most guys he cannot resist the urge to screw with things.

Probably mild stuff to begin with, can, clutch etc.

What works in these and what does not.

He lives in the Peace River, Grande Prairie area and would not object to dropping it off and having the work done. Any good cat guys in the area?

Thanks
Kris

PS Is there any issues that need to be dealt with on these machines. (Sorry I don't know a cat from a dog!)

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine just bought a M8 2008 model for a song, bone stock with a 100 miles on it, he not a serious sled head but he was wondering what the best mods are because like most guys he cannot resist the urge to screw with things.

He lives in the Peace River, Grande Prairie area and would not object to dropping it off and having the work done. Any good cat guys in the area?

Thanks
Kris

PS Is there any issues that need to be dealt with on these machines. (Sorry I don't know a cat from a dog!)

actually you do know a cat from a dog ---- dog being ski doo

scrapmaster

Reaction score
im running the same sled and so far have done a jaws can(sounds cool an its light) slp intake and airhorn, rk tek secondary kit, out of those i feel the clutching gave the best bang for the buck but all were worhwhile, put the new boss seat on today way lighter then stock and feels great also be testing the new head kit in the morning but thats getting a lil past mile perhaps.. hope this helps

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
First thing is get rid of the suitcase and put an aftermarket can on it. Next best mod is powerclaw track. Than clutch it. Than I`d put one of the new shorty cat seats on. Than maybe a pipe, and the 09 tunnel cap. And some new ski`s. So much you can do, but that powerclaw track makes a big diff.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks
Kris

I run a 09 M8, they have a solid motor and I would have to say biggest
bang for your buck is a turbo. They work really well on the M8.
Mountain Magic snowmobiles built mine and would be an exellent resource to contact. They are out of edmonton.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best bang for your buck in my opinion would be pipe and can, some clutching, intake mods, and also the track cause yah the '07&'08 tracks were way to soft. Yah the turbo's work good on these sleds for sure, i've installed several of them, but not so much of a mild mod.. If you choose the right exhaust you can get good gains and wont have to install a bondooker box on it.

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best bang for your buck in my opinion would be pipe and can, some clutching, intake mods, and also the track cause yah the '07&'08 tracks were way to soft. Yah the turbo's work good on these sleds for sure, i've installed several of them, but not so much of a mild mod.. If you choose the right exhaust you can get good gains and wont have to install a bondooker box on it.

You can start with can and pipe but after a few rides you will be opening
your wallet again all for small gains. I found if you buck up right off the bat
it will save in the end, not to mention you will be grinning from ear to ear on
the hill. It is a lot of money but what a difference. just my opinion

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can start with can and pipe but after a few rides you will be opening
your wallet again all for small gains. I found if you buck up right off the bat
it will save in the end, not to mention you will be grinning from ear to ear on
the hill. It is a lot of money but what a difference. just my opinion

I am not saying that turbo's dont work well at all or that they dont have a large fun factor..

Top Bottom