2008 m1000 bog and sputter issues

proconpete

Reaction score
i have a 2008 m1000 it has speed werx y and pipe, clutch kit, intake, and v force reeds, mbrp can, vents on the side, power commander 5 with maps 0 to 5000 and 5000 to 10000 from racin station. I had to change my power valves a cable was broken on one side. It is bogging off the start just like its on one cylinder, i have to let off the throttle then it hooks up again but then it seems to sputter and miss when i get to 6000 rpms can any one give me any ideas. I ride in northern saskatchewan and just want to have the horsepower at all ranges

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2008 m1000 it has speed werx y and pipe, clutch kit, intake, and v force reeds, mbrp can, vents on the side, power commander 5 with maps 0 to 5000 and 5000 to 10000 from racin station. I had to change my power valves a cable was broken on one side. It is bogging off the start just like its on one cylinder, i have to let off the throttle then it hooks up again but then it seems to sputter and miss when i get to 6000 rpms can any one give me any ideas. I ride in northern saskatchewan and just want to have the horsepower at all ranges

Unplug your PC 5 and see what happens. Either the box is no good, maybe you need new plugs as well. After that I would check the reeds if they have been in there a while.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled does the exact same ting ans its all stock except for an mbrp can. I've been trying to figure out this issue since I bought it because its quite annoying to hammer on it and have no power.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm running 91 but my next tank I'm going to try 87

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
87 is what you should be running, this is the biggest problem with the 1000 bog issue.

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not with a full pipe it requires 91
not mine full speed werx exhaust, timing key, clutching and if I run anything but 87 it runs like ch!t, I've tried many times. Not sure why you would run higher octane your not changing the compression, head work and porting I can understand .

OLE 11

Reaction score
From 5500 to 6500 rpm there is a fat spot and they run like ch!t! I run a boondocker with full slp and took out a bunch of fuel with the 2009 update ecu! Also premium fuel doesnt run well in mine.

Top Bottom