2008 Ford F350

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats Ron!!! you're going to love it. My new one still makes me get out of bed to go to work just so i can drive it.

GRD

Reaction score
Nice truck... I heard from a few guys the fuel economy is not as good as they would like.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice truck... I heard from a few guys the fuel economy is not as good as they would like.

I've got 5000kms on mine so far. Identical mileage to my '04.:) I'm about $25.00 a day to my plant and back. We don't drive our trucks in the field at all; so every day is pretty much exactly the same distance. :cool:Enjoy that truck Ron, I'll be watchin' for it in McBride in a few months.:Snowmobile1:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a '08 F350 dually and my mileage is 10-12 MPG after burning two tanks (it will get better as it breaks in). I usually drive 120 KMH on the highway but am heavy footed on my starts. Im not happy with the mileage but in reality... if u want more power you have to give more fuel and I've accepted that, cause what can u do about it, absolutely nothing.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ok, here it is...

I will be doing the 2" lift with 35" Pro Comp tires
then adding on board Air with rear air bags and it will have a hose and tanks so I can use air tools or pump up tires.
As you see the rims I like so there stock, it has the factory navigation system and trailer brakes so I dont have to do much there. I may add dvd to the seats, doesnt come if you have the power moon roof

I will have to get you to make me chrome decals for the back to put in the super duty on the tailgate. And I will add a Retrax sliding box cover and a different tail pipe I cant see this truck needing much otherwise. It has alot from the factory
I forgot to mention Im moving the Espar from my truck to the Ford

Ron:D

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm looking forward to seeing the onboard air system.
Ok, here it is...

I will be doing the 2" lift with 35" Pro Comp tires
then adding on board Air with rear air bags and it will have a hose and tanks so I can use air tools or pump up tires.
As you see the rims I like so there stock, it has the factory navigation system and trailer brakes so I dont have to do much there. I may add dvd to the seats, doesnt come if you have the power moon roof

I will have to get you to make me chrome decals for the back to put in the super duty on the tailgate. And I will add a Retrax sliding box cover and a different tail pipe I cant see this truck needing much otherwise. It has alot from the factory

Ron:D

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Ron,.. You are going to like the on board air if you have not had it before. I rigged up my Super Duty (Big Foot) with on board air c/w holding tank, all 4 wheel air ride with inflate & deflate on the fly,reservoir gauge, two air outlet for external use. Also one little extra item that is concealed (dual air trumpits) with actual pull cord..... Peterbuilt style. Guess one wants to be just like the big rigging boys. I have used the external air oulets numerous times for myself as well as others. What size reservoir tank were considering adding & compresser type ?

Attachments

• My truck 004.jpg
    My truck 004.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 120

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a '08 F350 dually and my mileage is 10-12 MPG after burning two tanks (it will get better as it breaks in). I usually drive 120 KMH on the highway but am heavy footed on my starts. Im not happy with the mileage but in reality... if u want more power you have to give more fuel and I've accepted that, cause what can u do about it, absolutely nothing.

I was in a hurry this afternoon when i typed this and realized i left out an important piece of info regarding my mileage. My 10-12 MPG estimate is based on a 3000-3500 lb constant load in the box (welding skid unit) Sorry for the wrong info.

GRD

Reaction score
Looks Good

Ron,.. You are going to like the on board air if you have not had it before. I rigged up my Super Duty (Big Foot) with on board air c/w holding tank, all 4 wheel air ride with inflate & deflate on the fly,reservoir gauge, two air outlet for external use. Also one little extra item that is concealed (dual air trumpits) with actual pull cord..... Peterbuilt style. Guess one wants to be just like the big rigging boys. I have used the external air oulets numerous times for myself as well as others. What size reservoir tank were considering adding & compresser type ?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was to pick up the new truck BUT... They wont give it to me till it works. They think there is a problem with the new security key, its tempermental and wont start all the time. I hope this is not the start of somthing. My last truck it started the first day with the water pump then the starter and so on.

Ron

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Can You Say Lemon????

I was to pick up the new truck BUT... They wont give it to me till it works. They think there is a problem with the new security key, its tempermental and wont start all the time. I hope this is not the start of somthing. My last truck it started the first day with the water pump then the starter and so on.

Ron

I KNOW I SAID THIS BEFORE, BUT "I TOLD YOU SO"..... AND SO IT BEGINS --- I FEEL FOR YOU MAN........ FORD DIESEL TRUCKS = LEMON .... OOOPS, DID I THINK THAT OUT LOUD??? AND TO THINK YOU COULD COUNT ON A FORD FOR 100,000KMS BEFORE THE DIESELS HAD ANY PROBLEMS -- WELL GUESS WHAT!!!! SORRY TO HEAR RON.............LOL:D

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I listen to sirus satelite radio and the other day Bubba the Love Spong was saying his brand new ford has been in the shop twice because the AC now working. They didn't have the right part in so ford could fix it.....so what they told him is to try kicking the side panel below the glove box....any way he lost it can't believe a 58,000 truck and hes being told to kick his truck....So hes no longer very happy with Ford....Oh and by the way Mind is broke down too....Go figure!!!! Any ways I hope you guys like your new money Pits!!!:D

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Re: Can You Say Lemon????

I KNOW I SAID THIS BEFORE, BUT "I TOLD YOU SO"..... AND SO IT BEGINS --- I FEEL FOR YOU MAN........ FORD DIESEL TRUCKS = LEMON .... OOOPS, DID I THINK THAT OUT LOUD??? AND TO THINK YOU COULD COUNT ON A FORD FOR 100,000KMS BEFORE THE DIESELS HAD ANY PROBLEMS -- WELL GUESS WHAT!!!! SORRY TO HEAR RON.............LOL:D

I'm with Ric :p
F ound
O n
R eservation
D ump

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason people keep hearing about Ford trucks breaking down is because they make up 80% of the vehicles on Alberta roads. Take that as u will!LOL

Top Bottom