2008 F450 King Ranch

Full Curl

Reaction score
Looking at one of these and this leads me to ask if anyone here has good/ bad things to share about them.

Truck has 187,000 km on it. Gravel rash on front and rear bumbers. Newer rubber. Drives nice.

What's it worth?

Thanks.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you really need that heavy duty a truck? They ride rough with those 19.5 tires and heavy axles. There are limited tire choices and they are $$$. A lot of those trucks seem like they are geared for pulling 747's around the tarmac and as a result rev really high on the highway hurting the mileage.

Diesel? The 6.4 when it goes bad it really goes bad.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got rid of my 08 f 450 3 months ago there geared really slow 488 gears at 100km I was doing 2200 rpm pulls like a freight train the ride was ok 19.5 tires are pricey I did like mine but I blew the head gasket $10,000 to fix at a dealer so I traded it off for a 14 f 350 dually I would buy another f 450 but I couldn't find one at the time so I got an 350 my f 450 turned sharper then my new truck the truck your looking at would be worth $24,000 to $30,000 depends on condition I got 15 liters per 100km with H/S chip

Last edited:

Full Curl

Reaction score
I do need that heavy of a truck. 550 would be fine too but this one is knocking on my door.
Have had all the other ford diesels including the latest 6.7 but never the 6.4.
So many problems/ opinions on the net, I'm having a hard time.
Anything specific I can look for on this beast?
Should be able to have it for $22,000 ish.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull vin and go to dealer and have them look up what all has been completed for warranty work.
Early or late build in 08?
Early where terrible on fuel in stock .
Buddy had a early 08 350 and in 80000 Kms the best it ever got was 8.3 MPG.
330 +\-Kms per tank. It had stock rubber no lift .

Full Curl

Reaction score
What would change between an early and late build date to cause that?
Got the VIN and will be checking tomorrow.
Most concerned with reliability of the 6.4 after having an injector eating 6.0. (Haaate that one) Don't really expect it to compete with the life I've gotten out of a couple 7.3s.
Thanks so far.

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jobs 1's: Build dates 01-07 thru 06-07

First builds of the 08's. Lower valence in front on front bumper much shorter than later job builds.
Radiators would leak, most should be replaced under warranty by now. Also there was a recal for a venturi T to be added to keep the radiators from splitting.
TCM, early on it was thought that the transmission control module was a hold up for transmission life, but has sense been fixed by more refined trans tuning
Transmissions,Job 1 was the only model to have an external filter as well as the internal in the pan. some hard part differences like overdrive planetarys but i dont know all the details so hopefully someone can step in a clarify the changes.

Injectors had a recall for hanging open and filling the crankcase full of fuel, VIN specific recall

Job 2's: Build dates 07-07 thru 12-07

Second build batches of the 08 model year

Got a bigger valence on the front bumper, said to improve mileage by 1-2 mpg.

TCM part numbers changed. Other small changes were made hopefully more can chime in with more info

Top Bottom