2008 f350

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm currently looking at buying a 2008 F350 6.4 its going to be used around the farm and for pulling the toys and what not. so i was just wondering what other 08 F350 owners think of truck ei milage towing handling comfort .... the usual stuff
thanks Octane :beer::beer:

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2008 F350 and put 160 000km and just traded it off on a 09 F250. The 350 was pretty good work truck, decent power, 12-13 mile/usg empty or about 500km/100L tank (my 250 is about the same) and around 7-8 miles/usg or 350-400/100L tank pulling 4 sleds or my 26' holiday trailer. The ride is pretty good for a one ton and truck handles pretty good as well, they are not as nice as the chevs but that is what you get for a solids front axcel. Reliabilty was pretty good expect they do this stupid cleaning exhaust filter cycle every tank or so it robs you some power and drinks the fuel when it doing that. They start really well in the cold, last Januaury in Valemount she got down to -35C and the old girl fired right up not plugged in (wasen't happy about it but did).

The auto 5 speed tranny handles the trailers nice and shifts down for you when braking and tow/haul is enganged plus the intgrated trailer brake controller works good and is easy to use.

If you are only using it to tow and work I'd say your safe just don't expect wonderful mileage. And if you need to be doing any 4-wheeling make sure you have some weight in the back the front end it very heavy and the back end drives pretty light.

Hope that helps

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford

First
On
Race
Day

on a more serious note, i plan on deleting the dpf and the regen completely.
it takes no time to put back in and ive read your milage bassically goes straight to 18mpg or better

plus with me being young and all its gunna get intake exhaust and chipped anyways

Last edited:

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no no no junior, its: For Off Road Driving, but i would definitely recommend an 08 f350, the only thing that might dissapoint is the fuel mileage which actually isnt to bad, they get about the same mileage as my dads 7.3l or better

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet my dad has a 7.3L took that thing to revy last weekend got 17mpg at 140 all the way home. i was pretty impressed

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet my dad has a 7.3L took that thing to revy last weekend got 17mpg at 140 all the way home. i was pretty impressed

ya i love that truck, today its at 299,834km and have never had any problems and it still has lots of power(cold air intake and 4 inch dynomax turboback exhaust), the mileage is questionable, it gets around 12mpg but hey im 17, tends to get bad mileage the way i drive and dad doesnt drive it much better than me. i think dad is going to wait until late 2010 or early 2011 and try out one of them new 6.7l powerstrokes and it wouldnt surprise me if the 7.3 drives until 2011 with probly another 100 thousand on it

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i am gunna go with the 6.4 they seem prety bullet proof

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 09 f 350 i love the truck iam keeping it totaly stock i wouldnt be deleting anything off it or u will be deleting your warranty just saying i have 2000km on it and getting 20.6 mpg on the computer i came off of a dodge cummins and iam not looking back:d

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 09 f 350 i love the truck iam keeping it totaly stock i wouldnt be deleting anything off it or u will be deleting your warranty just saying i have 2000km on it and getting 20.6 mpg on the computer i came off of a dodge cummins and iam not looking back:d

thats some good mileage, its more than my car

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
I am selling my 2008 F350 Dualie. I love it, but was downsized at work. FX4 - quad cab, long box. 6.4 l diesel. 22 700 kms. Interested?

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nah im looking for a srw fx4. i have no use for a dually unfortunately

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
awesome truck, you will love it and as soon as you delete the dpf and put in CAI and exhaust it makes it a hole new truck.
im running the spartan you can get some amazing hp and torque out of them too. i was averaging 20 to 23 mpg empty 700-750km/tank and 14 pulling my 11000# fifthwheel 400 to 450 kms/tank and high 13's in the 1/4 in a ccsb 4x4

ST1

Reaction score
on a more serious note, i plan on deleting the dpf and the regen completely.
it takes no time to put back in and ive read your milage bassically goes straight to 18mpg or better

plus with me being young and all its gunna get intake exhaust and chipped anyways

One of our shop trucks is an 08 6.4 Powerstroke....give us a call if you have any questions re: intake/exhaust/programmer etc...we've done quite a few of them lately.

Cheers,

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines broke down and in the shop again, good truck when it runs, worries me every time I take a long distance drive. My advice, if your not pulling anything really heavy get a GM Duramax you'll like it a lot more, I know I've owned a couple of each

fmx

Reaction score
I have a HS Performance dpf delete kit....it is down pipe back kit that will improve fuel milage, power and the sound of your Ford powerstroke 6.4 diesel. Comes with everything you need, no cutting,drilling or welding. Programer includedas well as muffler. I ordered it from California and paid almost $2000.00 USD with the shipping.I am very open to reasonable offers. P,M me if you are interested.

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 08 f350. I love the truck. It has a ton of power, handles great and is really comfortable the only down side is the mileage. I have a lift on mine which is responsible for robing some mileage but I have mine chiped, full exhaust cold air intake and dpf eliminator kit and I get 300-350 kms per 100L tank pulling my 26' enclosed trailer, about 400kms per tank in the city. I took my truck and trailer to golden last year from saskatoon for 4 days. To drive there and back and to the hill and back cost me 850 in diesel. Just did the same trip this past weekend with a buddies lifted 06 dodge mega cab with my trailer cost 600 in diesel driving the exact same amount. As long as you don't mind spending money at the gas pump the ford is a great truck.

Top Bottom